1978 HD LIVE!!!

TopicsAll ForumsVan HalenOnline Videos1978 HD LIVE!!!

This topic has 34 voices, contains 122 replies, and was last updated by  single-8 3562 days ago.

March 29, 2014 at 1:11 pm Quote #34427

VOODOO
(2374)

March 29, 2014 at 3:09 pm Quote #34429

Gilligan
(1518)

Hmmmm, why put credits and list 7 songs unless you’re going to release it somehow? Looks like he even filled in the gaps with still shots to make the songs complete.

Even if it’s for sale, it looks to me like it’s going to get out one way or another. Right?!

March 29, 2014 at 3:14 pm Quote #34430

thismusicsux
(578)

Gilligan: Hmmmm, why put credits and list 7 songs unless you’re going to release it somehow?Looks like he even filled in the gaps with still shots to make the songs complete.

Even if it’s for sale, it looks to me like it’s going to get out one way or another.Right?!

I’d think so. It’s also kinda random. He obviously must know this is VH holy grail (next to Oakland) but he’s released a batch of stuff from same period in Fresno. Almost like this is just thrown in w the rest of the stuff. Even though this is monumental in VH land!

March 29, 2014 at 3:29 pm Quote #34431

Jusu
(33)

WOW! Well done! First item on my Christmas list.

March 29, 2014 at 3:36 pm Quote #34432

sickman
(2380)

That is some awesome hair standing at attention footage.

March 29, 2014 at 3:44 pm Quote #34433

VAiN
(2777)

Holy shitballs! This is fantastic! Anyone know who this Rob Deibert is or anything on this AudioVideoLab? A quick Google search turns up nothing..

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

March 29, 2014 at 3:54 pm Quote #34434

VAiN
(2777)

If a group-purchase is an option, I’m definitely in!

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

March 29, 2014 at 4:25 pm Quote #34435

VOODOO
(2374)

I’m pretty sure these will most likely be made available for a reasonable price…and then “liberated” here. :)

March 29, 2014 at 4:34 pm Quote #34436

vhrob
(1727)

radikal: Lol …. I seriously doubt there will ever be a release of this. Im sure $$$$$$$$ will decide if we ever see this or not….. Even maybe the VH clan already contacted these people to buy that footage and prevent any releasing like every thing else

thats so stupid and ticks me off to no end. Why the hell would they care at this point anymore? I mean release some of this live shit you people have in the vaults. I mean, “WHY NOT!!!” who gives a shit anymore I mean really. You guys are all 60 freakin years old. Give the fans what they have been asking for for all these years. Hell, release a live video from each and every tour they have done. Can you imagine how much they would make? And if its not about the money then thats even more reason to do it. Let this shit out guys…. comon.

Rob

vhtrading member since 2000

March 29, 2014 at 4:35 pm Quote #34437

vhrob
(1727)

vhrob: thats so stupid and ticks me off to no end.Why the hell would they care at this point anymore?I mean release some of this live shit you people have in the vaults.I mean, “WHY NOT!!!”who gives a shit anymore I mean really.You guys are all 60 freakin years old.Give the fans what they have been asking for for all these years.Hell, release a live video from each and every tour they have done.Can you imagine how much they would make?And if its not about the money then thats even more reason to do it.Let this shit out guys…. comon. We’ve been asking for this stuff for years and years.

Rob

vhtrading member since 2000

March 29, 2014 at 5:01 pm Quote #34438

PT5150
(6280)

Awesome footage hope we see the whole gig soon.

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

March 29, 2014 at 5:37 pm Quote #34441

Cut2TheCrash
(816)

Just sit back it will show up somewhere if its ment to be in our hands , lots of the big heavy hitters in the trading world have not even commented on this yet . If its to come out I am sure we will all have it at some point…….

March 29, 2014 at 5:38 pm Quote #34442

thismusicsux
(578)

vhrob:

Yeah we can dream !!! Proper release of something is long overdue to say the least.
I agree. They are 60. What are they waiting for. You’d think Wolf could get some traction.

Sadly I don’t think it’ll ever happen mostly bc they like to rerecord and edit the shit out of any live release. Not like Dave’s gonna go in now to sweeten vocal tracks. But we can keep a little hope.

Upgraded amateur footage is still pretty friggin sweet !

March 29, 2014 at 5:56 pm Quote #34443

mrmojohalen
(6378)

There are other bands on the YOUTUBE channel like Def Leppard & Lynyrd Skynyrd that have been

given the same remastering. They must have everything that DJ ever recorded & have cleaned it up.

What their intentions are remain to be seen.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

March 29, 2014 at 6:07 pm Quote #34444

VOODOO
(2374)

PT5150: Awesome footage hope we see the whole gig soon.

This was shot on 8mm reels and I believe there is only about 25 minutes worth of footage from each show. I would just like to see all available footage released for our collecting pleasure! I can’t wait to see this stuff!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.