2015-07-24 First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Chicago, IL

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-07-24 First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Chicago, IL

This topic has 15 voices, contains 37 replies, and was last updated by  Mink 3007 days ago.

July 26, 2015 at 1:34 am Quote #47551

steecoe
(1983)

Not the greatest video recording but it is what it is.

July 26, 2015 at 2:02 am Quote #47552

single-8
(222)

steecoe: Not the greatest video recording but it is what it is.

The Audio Sounds great… . is it a separate track or camcorder..

July 26, 2015 at 2:10 am Quote #47553

steecoe
(1983)

It’s the camcorder (Canon Vixia HF R300), I LOVE the audio it gets, too bad it records in a compressed format. I’m tempted to run a line out to my edirol while filming, but I am unsure how much of a drain that will put on the battery, I dont wanna have to change batteries mid song or even mid set!!

July 26, 2015 at 9:26 am Quote #47558

davidestrada
(72)

July 27, 2015 at 1:27 am Quote #47586

thismusicsux
(578)

steecoe: I recorded the whole show, but were were so many tall drunks in front of me that I had a hard time keeping a clear shot. I doubt I’ll release it as is but if anyone is going to do a multicam I’ll offer it up for use in a project like that…

What was your take on the show overall. Seemed like Dave wasn’t his normal self. Most of the show he actually didn’t ad-lib or talk too much and about 1/2 way he seemed even less and less animated.

Didn’t say anything in HFT at all…. in ATBL he mouths to soundguy (maybe) “I quit” (ie. singing) and finishes the song w/o mic on drum riser, like he was having trouble hearing?. Other reviews said the sound at that venue is bad and that Ed even made reference to it, plus they were trying to make a strict curfew from venue, maybe? Were they having issue w sound on stage?

** Also seems like several pretty close HD sources on youtube. Might be a good one for multicam even though was kinda weird show with DLR not talking much.

July 27, 2015 at 3:47 am Quote #47592

thismusicsux
(578)

thismusicsux: What was your take on the show overall.Seemed like Dave wasn’t his normal self.Most of the show he actually didn’t ad-lib or talk too much and about 1/2 way he seemed even less and less animated.

Also after watching more Chicago vids. He started the show normal w in-ear monitors — but then mid-way thru they seem to be gone for rest of show. Likely causing an issue for 2nd half.

July 27, 2015 at 10:13 am Quote #47613

guitard
(7354)

thismusicsux: Also after watching more Chicago vids.He started the show normal w in-ear monitors — but then mid-way thru they seem to be gone for rest of show.Likely causing an issue for 2nd half.

I’ve noticed that he takes them in and out throughout the show – depending on what he’s doing. He does it rather nonchalantly, but if you watch him closely, you’ll see him putting them in/taking them out of his vest pockets. It’s possible that he took them out and left them out for the second half of the show, but he doesn’t have stage monitors at that front and center part of the stage, so I don’t know how he’d get away with that.

July 27, 2015 at 12:41 pm Quote #47622

jroundy
(1418)

steecoe: Not the greatest video recording but it is what it is.

Maybe not perfect…. but really good. You should put up some more. Sounds really nice.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

July 27, 2015 at 12:45 pm Quote #47623

jroundy
(1418)

thismusicsux: Also after watching more Chicago vids.He started the show normal w in-ear monitors — but then mid-way thru they seem to be gone for rest of show.Likely causing an issue for 2nd half.

I don’t think they are in ear monitors…. there are no wires. I believe they are just some kind of ear plug…. Dave even mentions it in one show.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

July 27, 2015 at 12:53 pm Quote #47624

thismusicsux
(578)

jroundy: I don’t think they are in ear monitors…. there are no wires.I believe they are just some kind of ear plug…. Dave even mentions it in one show.

ah… hmmm. thanks

also heard from a few fans/reviews… venue sound was not good. Maybe just an issue hearing what was going on, on stage for that show. dunno.

July 27, 2015 at 1:25 pm Quote #47632

guitard
(7354)

I won’t pretend to know a whole lot about IEMs, but if those aren’t IEMs, what else could they be? There are no floor monitors in the center stage area. So if Dave isn’t using IEMs, how is hearing the music?

Are there no IEM models that don’t require wires that go to a receiver? I would think in this day and age, the technology has reached the point where such models exist.

July 27, 2015 at 1:28 pm Quote #47633

sickman
(2380)

There are wireless IEM that don’t require the receiver to be mounted to your belt. Some connect with bluetooth, others are wifi.

July 27, 2015 at 1:46 pm Quote #47636

guitard
(7354)

It looks like Dave takes out his (usually right) IEM/ear plug every time him and Ed do the scat/guitar trade off in “You Really Got Me” and he puts it in his vest pocket. Sometimes you see him dig it back out of his pocket during the scat or shortly after he backs away from Ed, but he doesn’t usually put it back in until after the song.

July 27, 2015 at 10:58 pm Quote #47670

steecoe
(1983)

There’s a couple good frames in there. I think the audio is pretty kick ass. I love that camera.

July 27, 2015 at 11:00 pm Quote #47671

tone1963
(1805)

sickman: There are wireless IEM that don’t require the receiver to be mounted to your belt. Some connect with bluetooth, others are wifi.

That’s correct… they’re wireless IEM like Sickman said. Dave used them last tour and he made reference to it during the Ottawa, ON show. Check it out if you have the Ottawa boot. :wink:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.