2015-08-23 Hershey Park, Hershey, PA

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-23 Hershey Park, Hershey, PA

This topic has 14 voices, contains 31 replies, and was last updated by  guitard 3094 days ago.

August 24, 2015 at 9:17 pm Quote #48685

rockphantom
(169)

I caught walking pneumonia in late August of 2012 and was on dead on my feet for 2 weeks straight!
This had to be one of the worst times of my life!! Ugh!!

August 24, 2015 at 9:27 pm Quote #48686

guitard
(7354)

rockphantom: I caught walking pneumonia in late August of 2012 and was on dead on my feet for 2 weeks straight! This had to be one of the worst times of my life!! Ugh!!

Funny you say that … the one time in my adult life I ever was admitted to the hospital was for pneumonia – in August 2002. But this wasn’t walking pneumonia. This was “knocked out flat on my back barely able to even get up and take a piss” pneumonia.

August 25, 2015 at 1:40 am Quote #48695

Gilligan
(1518)

I had the flu exactly 1 year ago in September. It was the stomach kind and hit me hard, but it was also the 24 hour kind and I was good to go after a couple of days.

It’d be amazing if DLR was sick during the exact week they had a break. I’m guessing he caught a “24 hour” type thing near the end of the break and needed another day to recover.

August 25, 2015 at 2:03 am Quote #48697

guitard
(7354)

I was thinking about it maybe being the 24 hour flu. I’d kind of figure that Dave would try to fight through that though. But then … he ain’t a spring chicken any more. So maybe it’s just not prudent or even possible. After seeing the drop in ticket prices, I am secretly hoping the show I have tickets for gets cancelled and I can get my money back and then go see VH at another venue from the same seat for a fraction of what I payed.

August 25, 2015 at 8:39 am Quote #48703

muroh73
(1096)

The thing that made me a little skeptical was that ticket sales for this show were pretty bad. The stadium is basically a high school football stadium with bleachers on both sides and the several sections of floor seating. The day ticket sales began the whole stadium was open to buy. After a couple weeks when sales were lagging the last 3 sections on each side were closed off. Even up to a day or two before the show there were plenty of floor seats available. I’d venture to guess about one third of the seats in sections 1, 2, and 3 were still available (the sections right in front of the stage). On Saturday, I pulled up 2 tickets in the 3rd row for the center section. I know that’s not unheard of but could this have been a possibility as to why the show was cancelled?

In 1998 they tried selling the stadium for the VH3 tour but had to relocate it to the amphitheater side because of sales. In 2004,with Sammy, they did play the stadium. I don’t remember looking around at the size of the crowd honestly. I’ve seen this stadium full and it’s pretty awesome (Bon Jovi 2010) and I’ve seen it with very low sales and looking pitiful (KISS 2010).

All in all I’m glad I got to see them in Holmdel a couple weeks ago but bummed for my buddies who hadn’t seen them yet and now aren’t going to be able to at least for this tour.

I hope Dave is feeling better and gives them a hell of a show tonight in NY.

August 25, 2015 at 8:48 am Quote #48705

VOODOO
(2374)

When I saw the cancelation I wanted to login and check the ticket availability. I had a feeling it was poor sales and not the flu.

August 25, 2015 at 8:54 am Quote #48707

ron
(11464)

voodoo: When I saw the cancellation I wanted to login and check the ticket availability. I had a feeling it was poor sales and not the flu.

If the show was scrapped for poor ticket sales, why would they have gone through the trouble of setting everything up (only to have to tear it all back down)? In the past, venues with poor ticket sales have been cancelled off with plenty of notice. Not 3 hours notice.

August 25, 2015 at 8:57 am Quote #48708

VOODOO
(2374)

ron: If the show was scrapped for poor ticket sales, why would they have gone through the trouble of setting everything up (only to have to tear it all back down)?In the past, venues with poor ticket sales have been cancelled off with plenty of notice.Not 3 hours notice.

Who knows? Seems if he was sick they wouldn’t have waited until the last second to cancel. Just a possibility. Not saying it’s the reason, but it’s a possibility.

August 25, 2015 at 8:58 am Quote #48709

kaloway
(2009)

mcs5150: I agree with this Chris Bush person; no one gets the flu in August :roll: Viruses illnesses etc ate confined to select months.

I hate to disagree, but I have had a summer flu before, it is not fun

August 25, 2015 at 9:01 am Quote #48710

kaloway
(2009)

Regarding ticket sales, wouldn’t the band receive a flat fee and possible additional ticket sales revenue? if the show does not sell, I thought the promoter eats the cost? Also, I heard that Cleveland was poor ticket sales so I believe it was the flu.

August 25, 2015 at 8:04 pm Quote #48736

mcs5150
(1096)

kaloway: I hate to disagree, but I have had a summer flu before, it is not fun

It was sarcasm. It is possible to have the flu etc any month.

August 26, 2015 at 10:52 pm Quote #48765

PT5150
(6280)

Eddie Van Halen
41 mins ·
We regret that last Sunday night’s concert at Hersheypark Stadium was cancelled due to medical reasons. Since we are unable to reschedule the show, VAN HALEN has teamed up with Live Nation to offer a pair of free lawn tickets for tomorrow night’s concert (August 27) in Camden, NJ at the Susquehanna Bank Center to anyone who had a ticket for the Hershey show, in addition to a refund. Click below to download the complimentary tickets, while supplies last. Look forward to seeing you there.

Van Halen at Susquehanna Bank Center on Aug 27, 2015
on Live Nation Concerts
CONCERTS.LIVENATION.COM

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 27, 2015 at 3:25 pm Quote #48778

Revo11
(985)

It wasn’t the flu, it was the squirts.

August 27, 2015 at 7:15 pm Quote #48781

guitard
(7354)

Revo11: It wasn’t the flu, it was the squirts.

Regular squirts … or the Hershey squirts?

August 28, 2015 at 1:35 am Quote #48798

Revo11
(985)

guitard: Regular squirts … or the Hershey squirts?

Sorry, it was too easy. Not necessarily funny, but easy…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.