2015-08-29 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-29 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

This topic has 22 voices, contains 61 replies, and was last updated by  jroundy 3115 days ago.

August 1, 2015 at 9:04 pm Quote #47903

VOODOO
(2374)

Anyone going to this show? I’m thinking about going. Looking for info on airport and hotel for the weekend. :)

August 2, 2015 at 7:23 pm Quote #47952

guitard
(7354)

I’ll be there with my brother. From the venue, Dulles Airport is around 20 miles, Reagan National is around 40 miles, and Baltimore-Washington Intl is around 65 miles. Check all three airports because the cost of flights from Metro can vary widely between the three. If the cheapest or most convenient flight plan is to fly into one airport and fly out from another, you can return a rental car at any of the three DC area airports with no extra cost. DC lodging is generally pretty expensive. If you’re not concerned with hotel amenities, I’d look for a motel in a small town outside the beltway.

August 28, 2015 at 1:48 pm Quote #48816

King Edward
(1945)

Hey Voodoo did you pull the trigger on going to this one? I will be there……..maybe a quick meet up at the show just to say hello……how bout you Guitard? Always interested in meeting my VHT Brothers.

August 28, 2015 at 1:58 pm Quote #48817

guitard
(7354)

I’ll be there! Haven’t set an arrival time and have family visiting from out of town (to include my brother who is going to the show with me). But I will try to get there early enough to do a little tailgating and soaking up the atmosphere. I’ll send you a PM with my phone number (and please do the same) and we’ll work something out.

August 28, 2015 at 2:10 pm Quote #48819

King Edward
(1945)

Awesome!

Voodoo………..It would be great if you decided to make the trip in for this show.

August 28, 2015 at 2:42 pm Quote #48826

VOODOO
(2374)

No it just wasn’t in the cards. You guys rock it out!! I’ll be seeing my last show next Friday in Michigan.

August 30, 2015 at 1:06 am Quote #48872

guitard
(7354)

Shot the entire show without any hassles whatsoever. Basically, it’s going to be Ed Cam 2. I’ve got ringing in my ears and my body is sore from standing still with my knees locked for two hours straight. I’ll write more later.

August 30, 2015 at 3:56 am Quote #48874

VOODOO
(2374)

Awesome!!! :mrgreen:

August 30, 2015 at 6:37 am Quote #48878

PT5150
(6280)

guitard: Shot the entire show without any hassles whatsoever.Basically, it’s going to be Ed Cam 2.I’ve got ringing in my ears and my body is sore from standing still with my knees locked for two hours straight.I’ll write more later.

AWESOME stuff Randy….Be great if someone else filmed the whole show for a multi cam…. :wink:

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 30, 2015 at 7:06 am Quote #48879

sickman
(2380)

That is awesome Randy. Thank you for sacrificing your body for us! Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

August 30, 2015 at 8:17 am Quote #48880

guitard
(7354)

PT5150:Be great if someone else filmed the whole show for a multi cam…

The guy in front of me did. Before the show started, I noticed his videocam. I was a little surprised because it was an actual videocam. He said during KWS, they told him to take his microphone off of the camera, but that was it. He said he was going to get the entire show. We emailed each other on the spot to make sure we could contact each other. My plan was to watch him film – and film whatever he wasn’t filming.

It turned into a family event for me. On the day of the show I bought lawn seats for my sister-in-law, who had never seen Van Halen before, but had always wanted to; my wife, who basically had never heard of Van Halen before (I know that sounds crazy, but it’s the straight up truth); and my mom who is almost 80 years old and struggled to make it up the steps to the lawn area. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I made my way back up from the pit after the show, but when I got to where they were on the lawn, they were totally jazzed about the show. A woman commented to them that the way all three were dancing and partying, it looked like they were having the time of their lives.

In spite of the sore knees, stiff back and splitting headache from dehydration – it was a great experience.

Sample from “Everybody Wants Some”

August 30, 2015 at 8:42 am Quote #48882

PT5150
(6280)

Great story about the Family going Randy..Even your Mother that’s a great effort. Really good stuff they had a excellent time.

EBWS looks great may be another angle will surface for a multi cam…Thanks for your efforts 2 hours plus standing still filming would be a hard task…

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 30, 2015 at 8:44 am Quote #48883

PT5150
(6280)

Randy what did you think of the show?
Band interaction, sound, Dave’s vocals….? Big crowd?

August 30, 2015 at 8:55 am Quote #48884

guitard
(7354)

PT5150: Randy what did you think of the show? Band interaction, sound, Dave’s vocals….? Big crowd?

I was so focused on filming, that I really can’t tell you much about the show. I can tell you that Ed looked like he had a great time, but that’s about it. If there were empty seats in the pavilion, I didn’t see them. But I was 6th row. It looked packed to me though, with maybe room for a few more out on the lawn.

August 30, 2015 at 10:11 am Quote #48886

Mink
(2663)

Awesome Randy! The EVH cam from Chicago is my favorite video. I’m looking forward to this one now. Thank you for the sacrifice of taping and sharing, much appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.