2015-09-04 DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-09-04 DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI

This topic has 14 voices, contains 68 replies, and was last updated by  mrmojohalen 3067 days ago.

April 20, 2015 at 12:23 am Quote #44886

VOODOO
(2374)

OK, so who’s hitting this show? I know the Rons will be there! :)

April 20, 2015 at 12:07 pm Quote #44892

steecoe
(1983)

I’ll be there but my seats aren’t great :(

April 20, 2015 at 7:21 pm Quote #44900

mrmojohalen
(6378)

I will be there. :)

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

June 14, 2015 at 5:48 pm Quote #45940

VOODOO
(2374)

My band just booked an early evening gig in Port Huron, MI, about an hour away from DTE the night before the Van Halen show. I’m hoping a few of you who are attending might show up for the gig. The bonus is the gig is at a new Double Tree hotel in their restaurant, called, “Freighter’s”, right at the US/Canada border in Port Huron, across the river from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada and we’re planning to get a limo or shuttle bus (depending on the number of people riding to the show), so it anyone wanted to come in to Port Huron and hang out that night, you can get a room at the Double Tree or any other local hotel/motel and then we can party it up to and from the show without worrying about driving.

We’ll be doing a lot of Van Halen along with a lot of other top 40 dance rock music covering the 70s through today. Our website is http://www.smokehouserocks.com and our Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/smokehouserockz. I’m hoping we can get a little VHT gathering planned the night before and the day of the DTE show on Labor Day weekend. If anyone needs any more info, shoot me a PM. This should be a blast! :-D

July 28, 2015 at 11:34 am Quote #47700

ron
(11464)

voodoo: The top dollar, front row VIPs seemed to have sold well. The lower packages did OK, but certainly aren’t selling out in every market. I’m hoping some of those $750 packages in Detroit are released the day of the show, so I can upgrade my seat.

Report from the VIP folks is that there should be a very large crowd at the Detroit show, as the packages have sold very well there.

July 28, 2015 at 12:00 pm Quote #47704

VOODOO
(2374)

Available pavilion seats at DTE.

July 28, 2015 at 3:28 pm Quote #47711

steecoe
(1983)

ron: Report from the VIP folks is that there should be a very large crowd at the Detroit show, as the packages have sold very well there.

Maybe thats because they ONLY sold the VIP packages. I got shut out of regular tickets when they went on sale.

July 29, 2015 at 9:27 am Quote #47755

VOODOO
(2374)

All of those little blue dots toward the front of the venue are only for sale as VIPs right now. $450 to $750. I’m hoping the day of the show those open up at face value and I can upgrade my seat.

July 29, 2015 at 3:54 pm Quote #47775

steecoe
(1983)

voodoo: All of those little blue dots toward the front of the venue are only for sale as VIPs right now. $450 to $750. I’m hoping the day of the show those open up at face value and I can upgrade my seat.

They did before the chicago show. Detroit sucks for getting good tickets, always has.

July 30, 2015 at 12:52 pm Quote #47798

VOODOO
(2374)

steecoe: They did before the chicago show. Detroit sucks for getting good tickets, always has.

The ONLY time I ever got a great seat there was for King’s X and Dream Theater years ago. Bought tickets the day before the show and got front row. It was amazing. They didn’t have the detailed seating chart back then and it didn’t show rows. I got row AAA and thought I was all the way in the back. Turned out I was in the pit sitting on a folding chair front row.

Which reminds me: After the show Petrucci threw some pics into the pit and we were all kinda elbowing to get them. Some punk security guy came up and shoved me and I shoved him back and then a bunch of people pounced on me. They dragged me up to the top of the venue and took me to the security station and I was friggin’ livid. I told the little punk security he was an asshole that EVERYONE was pushing to get picks that were thrown and there was no reason to single me out. His supervisor agreed and they let me go. I wanted to punch that little prick in the throat.

July 30, 2015 at 3:42 pm Quote #47806

steecoe
(1983)

I used to have BETTER luck getting tickets to a 2nd night in Detroit than for a single show or the first night. They hold so many tickets back its ridiculous trying to get tix when they go on sale.

August 24, 2015 at 4:23 pm Quote #48673

VOODOO
(2374)

All remaining VIP tickets have been released at face value. The $450 and $750 packages are all now $125. Unfortunately it won’t allow me to purchase one ticket, so I can’t upgrade my current seat. When I select one seat, it tells me, “Uh-oh! You’ve left one seat stranded at the end of a row or stuck between selected seats. Please leave at least two empty seats together.” Bastards.

August 24, 2015 at 4:35 pm Quote #48675

ron
(11464)

I picked out (using the map)
Section RT2
Row I
Seat 28

and it allowed me to buy just the one seat. ????

Maybe that isn’t a good seat.

August 24, 2015 at 7:14 pm Quote #48682

mrmojohalen
(6378)

ron: I picked out (using the map) Section RT2 Row I Seat 28

and it allowed me to buy just the one seat. ????

Maybe that isn’t a good seat.

That’s like row 15 on Ed’s side. Are you going Ron ?

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

August 24, 2015 at 10:06 pm Quote #48688

VOODOO
(2374)

Well, I grabbed two tix and talked someone into going with me, so I have a ticket for sale. It’s CTR 3 Row O seat 29 (aisle). I paid $175. If anyone is interested in it, I’d like to get what I paid or I’m willing to barter a little. PM me. :) I put it on StubHub, so it if sells before anyone contacts me, it will be gone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.