2015-09-04 DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-09-04 DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI

This topic has 14 voices, contains 68 replies, and was last updated by  mrmojohalen 3087 days ago.

August 24, 2015 at 10:46 pm Quote #48689

guitard
(7354)

Voo – there’s a girl from Dearborn who’d love to go with you!

August 24, 2015 at 11:05 pm Quote #48692

ron
(11494)

mrmojohalen: That’s like row 15 on Ed’s side.Are you going Ron ?

Yes, I plan on being at this show.

August 25, 2015 at 8:48 am Quote #48704

sickman
(2380)

voodoo: Well, I grabbed two tix and talked someone into going with me, so I have a ticket for sale. It’s CTR 3 Row O seat 29 (aisle). I paid $175. If anyone is interested in it, I’d like to get what I paid or I’m willing to barter a little. PM me. :) I put it on StubHub, so it if sells before anyone contacts me, it will be gone.

Did you purchase both sets of tix through livenation? You should be able to call them and explain that the second seats you purchased were to upgrade and they may refund the first tickets you bought. I did that in Hartford with Live Nation. The upgraded tickets I bought were more expensive but I only had to pay the difference of what I already spent and what the new tickets cost.

August 25, 2015 at 8:49 am Quote #48706

VOODOO
(2374)

sickman: Did you purchase both sets of tix through livenation? You should be able to call them and explain that the second seats you purchased were to upgrade and they may refund the first tickets you bought. I did that in Hartford with Live Nation. The upgraded tickets I bought were more expensive but I only had to pay the difference of what I already spent and what the new tickets cost.

No, Ticketmaster. I had to buy them in pairs. I’m actually about two rows closer, center. I put my other ticket up on StubHub.

August 25, 2015 at 9:03 am Quote #48711

sickman
(2380)

voodoo: No, Ticketmaster. I had to buy them in pairs. I’m actually about two rows closer, center. I put my other ticket up on StubHub.

I’ve done the same thing in the past with Ticketmaster too. It may be worth a shot. Even if you upgraded to a closer seat at the same price they may refund the original purchase.

August 25, 2015 at 2:09 pm Quote #48731

VOODOO
(2374)

No luck with TM. Looking on StubHub and there are hundreds of tickets available all over the pavilion as well as lawn plus there are still a ton of seats available at Ticketmaster. This has to be the worst selling VH tour since ’98. I have a feeling I’m going to be eating this ticket.

August 27, 2015 at 10:22 pm Quote #48791

mrmojohalen
(6386)

guitard: Voo – there’s a girl from Dearborn who’d love to go with you!

:mrgreen:

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

September 2, 2015 at 4:34 pm Quote #48994

mrmojohalen
(6386)

Two days & counting. :)

September 3, 2015 at 9:12 am Quote #49026

VOODOO
(2374)

My band is playing a gig about an hour and ten minutes from Clarkston tonight in Port Huron. If anyone is in the area and wants to stop in at Freighter’s Restaurant at the Double Tree Hotel on Harker Street right at the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron, we’ll be there from 8-midnight. It’s a somewhat low key gig, but we do throw in a handful of VH throughout the night. I might add some extras just for tonight’s gig. :) See everyone at the show tomorrow! If anyone wants to catch up and have a beer before the show, shoot me a PM and I’ll send my cell info. Would be cool to put faces with the aliases. ;)

September 4, 2015 at 1:44 pm Quote #49078

steecoe
(1984)

Could be my last VH show ever…hopefully it’s better than I am anticipating

September 4, 2015 at 1:56 pm Quote #49079

mrmojohalen
(6386)

steecoe: Could be my last VH show ever…hopefully it’s better than I am anticipating

Just enjoy it for what it is. Hope to see ya later.

September 4, 2015 at 2:32 pm Quote #49080

steecoe
(1984)

mrmojohalen: Just enjoy it for what it is. Hope to see ya later.

Van Halen is kicking ass…no doubts there…just becoming to difficult & expensive to go & disappointing recordings are discouraging….& I have really come to hate going to Detroit for shows….

September 4, 2015 at 2:33 pm Quote #49081

steecoe
(1984)

Ill be in Section LT6 row EE with my 8yo son…swing by & say Hi….unless KWS or VH are on stage ;)

September 5, 2015 at 2:07 pm Quote #49144

mrmojohalen
(6386)

What a kick ass show ! It was cool to meet (obi) Ron, (the other) Ron & (tall can) Voodoo before the show.
Saw Steecoe & his son in the parking area after the show. I yelled but his mind was focused on something else,
probably getting back to the car among a sea of drunk & high concertgoers, much more than your average concert.
It was so freakin’ humid with hardly any breeze. Ed had to change shirts during the show. Dave sounded better
than a few recent shows (at least in person). I filmed 97 percent of the show. Some really good stuff, some total garbage
and some in between. My arms were shaky, mostly at the beginning. Then my lower back was giving me hell the second
half of the show. I really don’t like outdoor shows unless the weather is great. Trying to film when arms are flying in the air
in front of you is also a pain. On a funny note, Ron was wearing his unofficial VH ebay shirt. Before the show, you could see
him & the Other Ron in the front row. They turned around to look at the crowd & Voodoo, who was in the section to
my left saw them & jumped out of his seat, both arms in the air. They kept at it for a few minutes. LMAO.
Hopefully other footage will appear so a blu-ray show can be put together.

September 5, 2015 at 3:01 pm Quote #49146

steecoe
(1984)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.