2015 Tickets

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015 Tickets

This topic has 31 voices, contains 82 replies, and was last updated by  mcs5150 3260 days ago.

April 7, 2015 at 2:28 am Quote #44470

cliffhydro
(11)

voodoo: I’m row 21 as well!

Sweet! I’ll buy the first round!

April 7, 2015 at 4:58 pm Quote #44491

ron
(11464)

http://www.mercurynews.com/my-town/ci_27866136/concord-residents-may-buy-reserved-tickets-11-concord

Concord residents may buy reserved tickets to 11 Concord Pavilion shows this Saturday
By Lisa P. White
lwhite@bayareanewsgroup.com
Posted: 04/07/2015 01:20:40 PM PDT

CONCORD — If you live in Concord and want to see Van Halen at the Concord Pavilion this summer but haven’t bought a ticket yet, you’re in luck.

On Saturday, Concord residents may purchase tickets to 11 announced shows for the upcoming season at the pavilion. Typically, residents may purchase tickets at the amphitheater the day before they go on sale to the general public. That wasn’t possible for the 11 shows that have already gone on sale because Live Nation was building a new box office at the venue. However, the promoter set aside a limited number of tickets at each price for those shows to offer residents.

Those tickets will be on sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Concord Pavilion box office, 2000 Kirker Pass Road. Residents must present a utility bill and government-issued ID with a matching address.

Tickets are available for the following shows:

KBLX Stone Soul Concert, May 24
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, May 28
Spirit of the West Coast, June 14
Smashing Pumpkins and Marilyn Manson, July 7

Van Halen and Kenny Wayne Shepherd, July 9

Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire, July 15
Five Seconds of Summer, July 21
Fall Out Boy, Aug. 4
Idina Menzel, Aug. 7
Nicki Minaj, Aug. 14
Slipnot, Aug. 26

April 7, 2015 at 8:04 pm Quote #44501

PT5150
(6280)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2015/04/03/van-halen-tickets-averaging-over-200-on-secondary-market-prior-to-saturdays-onsale/

A & ENTERTAINMENT 4/03/2015 @ 4:15PM
Van Halen Tickets Averaging Over $200 On Secondary Market Prior To Saturday’s Onsale

Legendary rock outfit Van Halen is taking the tour bus out on the road for a North American run between July and October. With an exhaustive list of hits and a Grammy Award to boot, the quartet will see tickets for upcoming shows go on sale Saturday. Following several pre-sales, the secondary market is anticipating plenty of sell outs along the way, too, and ticket prices are already exceeding the $200 average on the secondary market.

According to TiqIQ, the average price for Van Halen tickets over their three-month, 39-date road stint is $223.19. The band’s last trip across the U.S. and Canada occurred in 2012 on the ‘A Different Kind of Truth’ Tour, which boasted an average price of $189.97 over a 49-date span from January to June of that year. The leg was cut short due to guitarist Eddie Van Halen’s emergency diverticulitis surgery, however, and 36 shows within the U.S. and Asia were cancelled as a result.

The 18.2% average price hike between tours is a good display of the hype that exists to see the “Jump” creators live in concert this summer and fall. With the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band supporting on all tour dates, the most expensive show will be at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey on August 9. That show currently owns a secondary average of $495.48, 122% above the tour average, and the get-in price starts at $63. Two other dates also average higher than $400 on the secondary market, with stops at the Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas and San Manuel Amphitheater in San Bernardino averaging at $460.14 and $402.82, respectively.

Even the band’s cheapest dates are posting three-digit secondary averages. The least expensive Van Halen show will be at the DTE Energy Music Pavilion in Detroit on September 4. The average secondary market price for that performance is $160.89, 27.9% below the tour average, and the cheapest ticket is listed for $39. An August 23 show at Hersheypark Stadium in Pennsylvania will be the second least expensive stop, with tickets averaging at $168.32. Van Halen’s final tour stop at the Hollywood Bowl on October 2 owns an average secondary price of $172.94. The get-in price for that show starts at $56.

The upcoming tour will feature original vocalist David Lee Roth on all dates as well as the Van Halen brothers and Eddie’s son Wolfgang. Earlier this week, the band released remastered versions of Van Halen and 1984, pivotal albums that have collectively sold more than 34 million copies worldwide since first being released.

Saturday’s on sale will be made available through Ticketmaster and Live Nation at 10am EST. Primary prices range from $42.50 to $250, excluding service fees.

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers the

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

April 7, 2015 at 8:19 pm Quote #44503

VOODOO
(2374)

“The least expensive Van Halen show will be at the DTE Energy Music Pavilion in Detroit on September 4. The average secondary market price for that performance is $160.89, “

With the horrible economy here, this is what I was expecting to see, but I had hoped this would also reflect in the VIP pricing. Oh well, I still managed to snag a good seat at face value.

April 7, 2015 at 9:01 pm Quote #44505

Vince G.
(2255)

It seems the Van Halen News Desk has now partnered with, or is endorsing, an online broker:

http://www.vhnd.com/2015/04/03/van-halen-2015-concert-tickets/

April 8, 2015 at 12:02 pm Quote #44517

VAiN
(2777)

I’m doing lawn seats for the 2 Florida shows. I’ve hit the 1st show of the tour the last 2 tours, but this one has me underwhelmed in a big way. They can keep their $500-$1000 seats. So, if anyone is doing the FL shows, I’ll gladly grab a beer with you.

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

April 15, 2015 at 3:44 pm Quote #44773

ron
(11464)

Anyone worried about ticket sales? He’s a screen capture from today (April 15) of the opening night of the tour. Look at all the unsold (blue) seats!

April 15, 2015 at 3:48 pm Quote #44774

ron
(11464)

One of the larger cities on the tour, Chicago. (blue are unsold seats)

April 15, 2015 at 4:37 pm Quote #44780

VAiN
(2777)

ron: Anyone worried about ticket sales?He’s a screen capture from today (April 15) of the opening night of the tour.Look at all the unsold (blue) seats!

I was surprised to find lawn seats still available for the 2 Florida shows. I figured they’d be the first to go. I think VH will ether have to virtually give away tickets or play to half-empty venues. Is anyone else reading the comments in the livenation VH Facebook posts? In my area they’re easily 75% negative.. like REALLY negative.

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

April 15, 2015 at 5:34 pm Quote #44784

jroundy
(1418)

Maybe they will reduce ticket prices…. or cancel some shows?

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

April 15, 2015 at 7:51 pm Quote #44785

Mink
(2663)

If a lot of tickets are available I think they will drop ticket prices. In’04 I bought three tickets to VH in Indianapolis for twenty-five a piece the day of the show. I had already purchased tickets for Chicago a week later for about one-hundred a piece. It all depends on sales I think.

April 15, 2015 at 9:54 pm Quote #44787

VOODOO
(2374)

Had a conversation with a buddy and I thought, “If this tour bombs because of…whatever…what do you think the possibility will be that they get Sam and Mike back, remaster that catalog, record a new CD and go out on tour again to cash in?” Just a thought.

April 15, 2015 at 11:00 pm Quote #44791

Gilligan
(1518)

The July 7 show looks pretty similar to those maps as well. I was pretty stoked about getting good tickets. Should I now be worried about cancellation?! Hope not, it’s still 3 months away…

April 15, 2015 at 11:02 pm Quote #44792

VOODOO
(2374)

I think this is why they put tix on sale in April for a July start.

April 15, 2015 at 11:08 pm Quote #44793

ron
(11464)

Gilligan: Should I now be worried about cancellation?!Hope not, it’s still 3 months away…

I doubt they’d cancel, but I expect to see a lot of 2-for-1 ticket offers at some point. Either that, or they are going to have to do more promoting, since the pull from Kimmel and Ellen has worn off.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.