.38 Special 2014-05-24 Charlotte DVD5

TopicsAll ForumsThe Great Bootleg ForestDVDs / Unofficial Live Video Recordings.38 Special 2014-05-24 Charlotte DVD5

This topic has 2 voices, contains 1 reply, and was last updated by  Cut2TheCrash 2861 days ago.

June 17, 2016 at 9:04 pm Quote #53563

guitard
(7354)

I’ve got a Dropbox link for the DVD5 version of this if anyone wants it.

.38 Special
Food Lion Speed Street
Charlotte, NC
May 24, 2014
CBG 21st Century Master Video Series Vol.20 (DVD)

Contrast clause: This is the DVD version. A Blu-ray version can be found here: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=564321

video: (CBG) Sony HDR-HC1 HD camcorder; NTSC, 16:9 PAR, 29.97 fps; 1080×1440 HD master tape transferred to harddrive via firewire using a Sony HDR-HC1 HD camcorder with Sony Vegas Pro 13; encoded to standard definition 720×480 widescreen NTSC 16:9 with Sony Vegas Pro 13 using a 2-pass VBR encoding at 8K max, 4.5K avg, 1K min

audio:
option #1: (CBG) Core Sound Binaural (battery box w/low pass filter) > Edirol R-09; 1536 bit LPCM; re-mastered by DigitalDan.

option #2: (CBG) Sony HDR-HC1 HD camcorder audio; captured and encoded with Sony Vegas Pro 13 to 384 bit .ac3 audio

Authored to DVD in Sony DVD Architect Pro 6.

All video editing, mixing, audio synching and DVD authoring by Silver Stallion (guitard on Dime).

full show: running 95 minutes

1. Rockin’ Into The Night
2. Rough Housin’
3. Back Where You Belong
4. Wild Eyed Southern Boys
5. Live For The Music
6. 20th Century Fox
7. Back To Paradise
8. The Sound Of Your Voice
9. Somebody Like You
10. Honky Tonk Dancer
11. Teacher Teacher
12. You Keep Runnin’ Away
13. Second Chance
14. Like No Other Night
15. Last Thing I Ever Do
16. Fantasy Girl
17. If I’d Been The One
18. Good Times
19. Just Got Paid
20. Trooper With An Attitude
21. Caught Up In You
22. Chain Lightning
23. Hold On Loosely
24. Travelin’ Band

“Just Got Payed” includes a Don Barnes guitar solo. “Trooper With An Attitude” includes a Gary Moffatt drum solo.

Don Barnes – guitar / vocals
Barry Dunaway – bass
Danny Chauncey – guitar
Bobby Capps – keyboard / vocals
Gary Moffatt – drums

I only have one request, that you don’t take these files and post them on other torrent sites. I have many shows to upload. I will upload, let them get seeded by others and after a majority have downloaded the files completely, remove my files so I can seed something new. I prefer to manage my own shows on DIME and The Traders Den. I will upload to other sites when I wish to for select shows. Thanks for honoring my wishes in advance.

This is “CBG 21st Century Master Video Series Vol. 20”.

I have seen this band a couple times prior to this show but never had an opportunity to film them as they were on early in daylight of a multi-band bill. Back in High School, a song was being played on the radio in 1980 called Rockin’ into the Night that I immediately loved on first listen. I recorded a show from them on the King Biscuit Flower Hour and I liked some of the other songs from that album as well. I didn’t even know that they had a couple albums out at that point before the album Rockin’ into the Night. By 1981, they had their follow-up album out and it was a huge success, Wild Eyed Southern Boys. Fantasy Girl and Hold On Loosely were being played on the radio a lot. They played the Mid-Hudson Civic Center and most of my high school went to that show. I actually missed it. Both of my brothers went. I remember them coming home with the concert shirts on. I continued to record them off the radio. Back then, most bands would do syndicated radio shows and either be pre-recorded live and then broadcasted on the rock radio network around the US or they would play live as it happens and satellite uplink it to radio stations all over the country. In 1982, they did just that on the Special Forces tour, on New Year’s Eve and broadcasted live via satellite from the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, TN. I actually stayed home and recorded it and then went out for NYE. So I was recording a lot of their shows but never saw them.

Finally in 2014, and it is too bad that it was one year after Donnie Van Zant left the band to retire from music, I got my opportunity to film them at Speed Street in downtown Charlotte. I like the arrangement for Speed Street now better than the way it was with one stage on the main street in midtown (Tryon Street) by the Bank of America building and then with two other stages in a field down the block and around the corner. They reduced the stages to one and place it now in front of the Nascar Hall of Fame building. The cool thing is the stage is in the middle of a street and I found a spot to go on the right curb where you can stand on the curb and be slightly higher than the crowd on the street. So it is a nice angle to shoot over the crowd and get nice and close.

The last time I saw 38 Special was warming up for Styx and REO Speedwagon in 2009. They were the first band on and only played like 40 minutes. This night, I expected the set to be a little longer but they played 95 minutes and did a lot of songs! At one stretch, they do a medley of a lot of their songs together. So I was pleasantly surprised to hear them play a lot and get that kind of opportunity to film them after all these years. So, Enjoy those Wild Eyed Southern Boys .38 Special Rockin’ into the Night at Speed Street in Charlotte! CBG5150 Posted to DIME 2016-06-17.

June 18, 2016 at 8:26 am Quote #53564

Cut2TheCrash
(816)

Thank you and CBG and for getting all the CBG series out the masses lots of hard work go into all of these and not many thanks go out to the people who make them

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.