2013-04-20 Sydney

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2013 Tour2013-04-20 Sydney

This topic has 28 voices, contains 166 replies, and was last updated by  VOODOO 1396 days ago.

April 3, 2013 at 11:02 pm Quote #23986

PT5150
(6280)

No guys they now saying reserved seats in front of the stage are now standing all day GA tickets…$280.00

Not realy sure whats going on.
No annoucement at stone Face book or web site.

Aerosmith Sydney show by McManus (Promoter) now cancelled. People at his F.book page going ape shit.
Ticketek saying those tickets are now for Stone Fest gig..
Having to line up all day for good spot is BULL SHIT.
How can two different Promoters have Aerosmith shows in Australia.
Band times are being posted soon..They saying VH & Aero to do full set lists which I think is 90 minuters.
Who goes on last?? VH would have been told they are the headline act when they signed on.
I would say some smaller bands will get the axe as they wont play late with noise restirctions..Think its until 11.00pm.

Hope it pans out ok..Pete

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

April 4, 2013 at 1:19 am Quote #23988

PT5150
(6280)

AEROSMITH SET TO JOIN THE STONE SATURDAY LINE UP!! – Billy Joel, Van Halen and Aerosmith all performing full 90 minute sets

4 April 2013

TWO FULL DAY SUPER CONCERTS!
A celebration of music, life & freedom!
Aerosmith set to join the Saturday line-up!
- Billy Joel, Van Halen and Aerosmith all performing full 90 minute sets –
Billy Joel and Van Halen’s only Australian shows!

With just over three weeks to go until the first ever STONE Music Festival lands at ANZ Stadium with Billy Joel and Van Halen’s ONLY Australian performances (featuring full, greatest hits sets), we are thrilled to announce that Aerosmith will be joining the line-up on Saturday, 20 April!

With a maximum 25,000 reserved seating capacity for each day, all ticket tiers afford music fans clear sight lines from all seat locations, plenty of parking around the venue and convenient public transportation making ANZ Stadium Australia’s rock mecca on 20 and 21 April.

Aerosmith’s star is one that has shined bright through generations, first emerging on the scene in the early ‘70s with quintessential power ballads such as Dream On followed by a string of gold and platinum albums including Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic and Rocks. Years later it was the 1986 collaboration between Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Run DMC’s Walk This Way that introduced the band to a new generation of fans and their return to the charts in the late ‘80s with smash hits like Dude Looks like a Lady, Rag Doll, Angel, Love in an Elevator and Grammy Award-winning Janie’s Got a Gun.

The band continued their dominance of the charts in the 90’s with the chart topping release of 1993’s Get a Grip featuring Grammy Award-winning singles, Livin’ On The Edge and Crazy followed by another number one album in 1997, Nine Lives, featuring another Grammy award winning single Pink. The following year Aerosmith released the worldwide smash hit I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing which again introduced the band to a whole new audience transcending age groups, genres and language barriers.

The band continued to release albums and tour throughout the 2000’s as well as release solo albums and pursue solo projects. In 2012, Aerosmith released their 15th studio album, Music From Another Dimension!

Andrew McManus, from McManus Entertainment, said today “Wow, Sydney are you in for an event! They said it would never happen! Well I can tell you ‘they’ are wrong! It is with great pleasure that I can today announce Aerosmith are joining the Saturday 20th line up of Stone Music Festival in Sydney in what will be the Rock spectacular of the year! With no alteration to prices, Aerosmith will play their full set alongside Van Halen for a night of sheer music euphoria! This double bill has never happened before so Sydney, you are in for a first – a concert event not to be missed!”

Stone Music Festival has added even more action with a full line-up of fantastic independent Australian acts performing on a second stage, thanks to our friends and fellow music lovers at The Hard Rock Cafe and MusicOz. This stage features some amazing talent, headlined on the Saturday by none other than Aussie rock legends Choirboys. Other notable artists include London Cries, the new incarnation of Aussie expats Juke Kartel out of Los Angeles, MusicOz Award winners Stone Parade and many more.

With the addition of Aerosmith to the line-up on Saturday 20 April some changes have had to be made to the seating configuration for this show. Information for all current ticket holders is as follows.

Information for Stone Music Festival Ticketholders:

Ticketholders should note that previously supplied tickets will no longer be valid for entry for the Saturday show.

Current Stone Music Festival Platinum ticketholders with reserved seating will be reallocated into the Platinum general admission area that will be located on the arena front of stage and new, Platinum general admission tickets for this show will be sent out to each customer’s nominated email or postal address from Friday, 5 April.

Current Stone Music Festival General admission ticketholders will be reallocated into the newly created Gold reserved ticket category. The gold seating category will provide a central seating position in close proximity to the stage. General Admission/GA ticketholders will receive a new Gold reserved ticket for this show with tickets being sent to each customer’s nominated email or postal address from Friday 5 April.

Information for Aerosmith Ticketholders:

Aerosmith ticketholders should note that previously supplied tickets will not be valid for entry.

Current Aerosmith General Admission tickets will be swapped to the Stone Music Festival for the Saturday, 20 April show. New GA tickets will be issued into the Platinum general admission area that will be allocated on the arena front of stage which is the exact same area currently assigned for the Aerosmith show.

It is important to note that with Stone Music Festival (Saturday show) and Aerosmith concerts being combined, each ticketholder will receive a new platinum general admission ticket for the show and new tickets will be distributed to nominated email or postal addresses from Friday 5 April.

Gold reserve ticketholders will also have their tickets reallocated to the Stone Music Festival for the Saturday, 20 April show. New tickets will be issued into the equivalent Gold reserved ticket category. New tickets will be distributed to nominated email or postal addresses from Friday 5 April.

Finally, Silver & Bronze reserved ticketholders will be issued new tickets into the Silver general admission seating area that will be allocated on Level 4 West from Sections 429-1 to 439-1 which is in a comparable location to those previously allocated for Aerosmith. Again, new tickets will be distributed to nominated email or postal addresses from Friday 5 April.

With the line-up on both days now set in Stone (pardon the pun), revised set times have now been finalised and are available at http://www.stonemusicfest.com.

Don’t miss out! Tickets available from http://www.stonemusicfest.com and http://www.ticketek.com.au

Saturday, 20 April, 2013 –and- Sunday, 21 April, 2013
ANZ STADIUM, SYDNEY
Gates open: 12 noon (All Ages event)

Saturday, 20 April 2013
MAIN STAGE:
•VAN HALEN
•AEROSMITH
•Special Guest: JIMMY BARNES
•KINGS OF CHAOS
•THE LIVING END
•NOISEWORKS
•BUCKCHERRY
•RICHIE RAMONE
•THE SUPERJESUS

INDEPENDENT MUSIC STAGE:

•CHOIRBOYS
•THE ART
•MY SO CALLED LIFE
•THE DEAD LOVE
•ATLANTIS AWAITS
•MY SECRET CIRCUS
•TEN THOUSAND
•KRIS PETERSEN
•BORN LION
Sunday, 21 April 2013
MAIN STAGE:

•BILLY JOEL
•ICEHOUSE
•GUY SEBASTIAN
•LIFEHOUSE
•DIESEL
•MARK SEYMOUR
•SHANNON NOLL
•ILLUMINATION ROAD
•DALLAS FRASCA
•MARK MORONEY
INDEPENDENT MUSIC STAGE:

•LONDON CRIES (ex JUKE KARTEL)
•STONE PARADE
•GYPSIES & GENTLEMEN
•NEW EMPIRE
•THE HIDING
•CHASE THE SUN
•TORI DARKE
•BRADEN EVANS
•KING FAROOK
Tickets on sale NOW
Tickets available online from http://www.ticketek.com.au, http://www.StoneMusicFest.com & all Ticketek outlets or 132 849

Official Premium Ticket & Hotel Packages http://www.showbiz.com.au or 1300 414 697

http://www.stonemusicfest.com
http://www.facebook.com/StoneMusicFest
Twitter: @StoneMusicFest / #mateshiprates

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

April 4, 2013 at 2:08 am Quote #23989

PT5150
(6280)

Confirmed VH closing the show
Both Aerosmith & VH 90 minute sets
2 stages now support acts one stage main bands the other
All seats in front of stage now are standing GA

April 4, 2013 at 2:41 am Quote #23991

Dutchie
(1767)

Andrew McManus is saying that this double bill has not happened before??? Van Halen opened for Aerosmith at festivals in ’78 didn’t they??? Dave Roth’s got his work cut out for himself now….

Its gonna be a great night out…

April 4, 2013 at 2:59 am Quote #23993

PT5150
(6280)

Had Front Eddies side now standing for 11 hours not good.

April 4, 2013 at 5:25 am Quote #23994

mcs5150
(1096)

PT5150:
Had Front Eddies side now standing for 11 hours not good.

That does suck. Anyway, I hope you still have a kick-ass time.

April 4, 2013 at 7:24 am Quote #23995

ron
(11464)

AEROSMITH have cancelled their Sydney concert to join Van Halen on the opening day of the inaugural Stone Music festival.

Instead of playing their own outdoor show at the ANZ Stadium on April 28, former cocaine addict Steve Tyler and his band will now warm the stage at the same venue on April 21.

It is believed ticket sales for both events have been slow and promoters are hoping the combined fanbase for the veteran rock groups Aersosmith and Van Halen will swell Stone Music Festival crowd numbers.

Promoters for the festival which was inspired by the cult Australian biker film Stone have also cut ticket prices to provide extra incentive to music fans.

Industry insiders were amused to note Aerosmith’s promoter Andrew McManus had sledged the festival on Facebook when it was announced and was now joining forces with the event.

April 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm Quote #23998

VOODOO
(2374)

I hope they don’t try some BS like this for the Oshkosh show in July! Sounds like a killer time, though. I know I’ve done festivals like this before and I’ve stood all day without a problem. Of course, I knew going in and I was 15-20 years younger and 40 lbs lighter. :-P

April 4, 2013 at 2:39 pm Quote #24000

ron
(11464)

PT5150:
All seats in front of stage now are standing GA

If reserved seats were sold for Aerosmith, they can’t combine both shows and keep everyone’s reserved seats. That would seem to me why they scrapped all the reserved seats and went GA. If someone had Row 1 Seat A for VH and someone else had Row 1 Seat A for Aerosmith a week later, they both can’t occupy the same seat now that the two bands are playing the same day.

April 4, 2013 at 8:27 pm Quote #24018

guitard
(7354)

voodoo:
I hope they don’t try some BS like this for the Oshkosh show in July! Sounds like a killer time, though. I know I’ve done festivals like this before and I’ve stood all day without a problem. Of course, I knew going in and I was 15-20 years younger and 40 lbs lighter.:-P

I can hang with standing long hours at the show . . . I really don’t even notice it. It’s after the show that I start to feel it.

April 4, 2013 at 9:07 pm Quote #24019

PT5150
(6280)

Check out Andrews report at melodicrock.com

April 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm Quote #24020

sickman
(2380)

VH were paid 3 million, holy shit.

April 4, 2013 at 11:12 pm Quote #24021

PT5150
(6280)

So after all the changes with ticket options here’s what I got from Ticketek.

Platinum GA will be right in Front of stage finishing level with left & right side of stage.There are limited tickets in this area.They don’t have a figure.

To the left and right and behind the Platinum GA area there will be another Standing GA ticket area a less value ticket.

Behind this will be a seated section on the ground which was Stone Music Festival General admission now (Gold reserved ticket .)

And Silver & Bronze ticket holders will be re issued new Silver general admission seating
in the stands.

April 4, 2013 at 11:27 pm Quote #24022

ron
(11464)

sickman:

Seems reasonable, given that they need to go all the way to Aus, and then only performed one show. SMF has gotta pay for that kind of exclusivity, and double the normal rate seems almost too low.

April 5, 2013 at 6:50 am Quote #24026

mcs5150
(1096)

sickman:

Good luck to them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.