2013-04-20 Sydney

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2013 Tour2013-04-20 Sydney

This topic has 28 voices, contains 166 replies, and was last updated by  VOODOO 1417 days ago.

April 20, 2013 at 5:24 pm Quote #24420

mrmojohalen
(6386)

jroundy:
Nice clips… everyone sounds great except Dave.

Hate to say it, but I think Dave’s voice is gone.Sounded like he was singing through a broken mic.He’s lost all the bottom end of his singing voice.

Blame it on the weather. :mrgreen:

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

April 20, 2013 at 5:27 pm Quote #24421

mrmojohalen
(6386)

Gilligan:
Are they wearing matching vests?!That’s funny.
I think the actual bass playing sounds fantastic in these last two clips – lots of riffing or whatever it’s called.Band sounds really good!

I was wondering whose idea it was to wear the vests? It’s sort of like school uniforms. Maybe the guys decided to mess with Dave. :mrgreen:

April 20, 2013 at 5:28 pm Quote #24422

mrmojohalen
(6386)

Does anyone know if Dave’s dog story was cut from the set ?

April 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm Quote #24426

mrmojohalen
(6386)

April 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm Quote #24427

JasonA
(1104)

Holy shit, those last 2 videos of Unchained & Romeo Delight sound excellent, almost soundboard quality. I think Dave sounds fine in those clips.

April 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm Quote #24428

jroundy
(1418)

mrmojohalen: Blame it on the weather.:mrgreen:

Well… he certainly can’t blame it on the A/C. He sounds worse in these clips than in 2012, and unless he’s sick, there is no other explanation. It’s almost like he didn’t rehearse for the show. It makes me wonder how much longer Ed, and Al, will go on, until they feel it’s just not acceptable any longer. Again, it’s painful to say, but maybe Dave’s voice is just gone. If his voice is toast, it would be nice for Dave to just admit it, and step down.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

April 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm Quote #24430

mrmojohalen
(6386)

jroundy:.He sounds worse in these clips than in 2012, and unless he’s sick, there is no other explanation.It’s almost like he didn’t rehearse for the show.

I agree. He’s better off just speaking the words in the right key in order to get that lower sound from his voice.

I think he spent more time giving interviews than rehearsing, :roll:

April 20, 2013 at 5:45 pm Quote #24431

Lance
(3169)

kinda bassy sound could be the guys mic on cam ..

another tour.. and no shows in my area.. maybe the next reunion tour 2020 … lol

April 20, 2013 at 6:01 pm Quote #24432

PT5150
(6281)

Dave sounded great where we were.Bass sounded great.May be little bit high in the mix but we loved it.Wolfie’s playing seems a lot more advanced and he looks more relaxed since I saw them last year in VEGAS & LA.
It looked great how they had same shirts and vest on a united gang.Dave a very cool in control stage presence.
Dave voice was great.His mic sound dropped out for a fraction of one song.Eddie looked very happy and relaxed a lot more jumping than shows I saw.
Al is a very cool cat.. He looks better every tour..His solo was much the same.Not a big thing but Al had stud earring in left ear.Dave gave Ed a kiss after his solo lots of high fives.Good banter between Dave and Wolf. 4 songs less than US shows.Thought we may have got a different song after Wolf asking for different songs.Ed played the Black Stealth and the red one during I’ll Wait.
Festival was ok but standing for nearly 12 hours is crap and hard on the legs.We moved around a bit.Rained a bit during the day.Crowd between 15,000-20,000.We have had a lot of tours here lately and the quick announcement and ticket sales may have hurt the crowd figures.The quality of the video screens was amazing and a few have said there could be a DVD release of the concert but no official yet.
Aerosmith looked like the had a bit more stage production but they doing about another 5 shows in Australia.they came on at 10 pm 35 minutes late.But with a festival band change over times always take time.
Word is from security sales for tonight are low for the Billy Joel show and not as much security needed.Sebastian Bach from Kings of Chaos was very excited about playing with VH & Aerosmith and said it many times during their set. Most of the Kings guys were in the sound mixing booth area 100 meters out from stage watching Aerosmith.We then noticed a few of them getting into VH’s performance from Wolfs side of stage for about 3 songs.
Flying home today great boys weekend away will post a lot of photos later tonight..
Great to see them again but general admission sucked especially when at one stage we had Front Row Eddies side.We were 15 people back Eddies side.
Bring on a changed set list in upcoming shows..But they all looked very happy to be back live together again.

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

April 20, 2013 at 8:05 pm Quote #24434

ron
(11492)

April 20, 2013 at 8:18 pm Quote #24435

ron
(11492)

April 20, 2013 at 8:28 pm Quote #24436

PT5150
(6281)

Great photos Ron thanks

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

April 20, 2013 at 8:37 pm Quote #24437

PT5150
(6281)

No Dave dog rant before Ice Cream Man he played guitar and sang made up stuff.
Sound was good.Rushed set up of stage gear.Band went on 45 minutes late because Festival running late..
Many Countries begging for them I am greatfull we got to see them again.

April 20, 2013 at 9:29 pm Quote #24438

sickman
(2380)

Pics from PT5150

photo EddieAustralia20122_zpsc220b476.jpg

photo EddieAustralia2012_zpscf75bac9.jpg

April 20, 2013 at 10:20 pm Quote #24439

mrmojohalen
(6386)

Dave sounded better for Ice Cream Man. :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.