5/21/1980 Piper Club Italy "Fools" !!!!

TopicsAll ForumsThe Great Bootleg ForestDVDs / Unofficial Live Video Recordings5/21/1980 Piper Club Italy "Fools" !!!!

This topic has 4 voices, contains 4 replies, and was last updated by  unchainedheart 904 days ago.

October 6, 2021 at 10:01 am Quote #64751

thismusicsux
(578)

Finally unleashed by Van Halen Italia! The infamous club show in Italy where Dave jumps and breaks his nose (seen a few days later at Pinkpop with taped nose). This was for Italian TV.

And they play FOOLS!!!!!!!!!
And Eddie is playing the Dragon/Snake guitar!!!!!
And (in true VH fashion) bad lip syncing
Amazing…..

I’ve read they also played “You Really Got Me” and that’s when DLR hits the mirrorball.

October 6, 2021 at 12:32 pm Quote #64753

vhrob
(1727)

what a shame they just show Roth dancing around like an idiot and don’t even get Ed when he is soloing…..

No one cares about seeing Roth we WANT TO SEE EDDIE and the Dragon Snake guitar….

cool video but what a shame so little footage of Ed and so much of guy who looks like “the royal fool at the circus at the Kings castle.”

Rob

vhtrading member since 2000

October 6, 2021 at 3:56 pm Quote #64755

thismusicsux
(578)

vhrob: the royal fool at the circus at the Kings castle

Italian video editors are clueless I guess. Show the guitar player during the guitar solo should be taught first day in Videography 101

October 6, 2021 at 6:32 pm Quote #64756

PT5150
(6280)

Yeah it’s a shame there’s not more focus on Ed but it’s cool seeing something unseen before.
Looking forward to more VH – EVH gems.

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

October 6, 2021 at 7:56 pm Quote #64762

unchainedheart
(1920)

sweet thanks for sharing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.