2015-08-01 Xfinity Center, Boston, MA

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-01 Xfinity Center, Boston, MA

This topic has 11 voices, contains 39 replies, and was last updated by  ron 3014 days ago.

April 20, 2015 at 7:29 am Quote #44887

guitard
(7354)

:mrgreen:

August 1, 2015 at 1:30 pm Quote #47893

wjamflan
(1089)

Anyone else going today? I bit the bullet and dropped the cash for 5 tickets in Section 2 so I could take my wife and 3 kids. Hope they kick ass….

“This hamburger don’t need no helper.” – DLR 5/17/15

August 2, 2015 at 12:27 am Quote #47912

wjamflan
(1089)

They kicked ass…. From the 15th row the band sounded absolutely huge. There was a lot of band interaction tonight as opposed to what we’ve seen so far. Maybe it was where I was sitting (center left and close) but I couldn’t hear Dave stray into uncomfortable ranges much at all. It doesn’t mean he didn’t, but I couldn’t hear it. He also seemed to be pretty loose, in good spirits, almost channeling his fun, old self, not the creepy uncle we’ve seen alot of. Truth be told, he did seem to be behind the beat at times, bordering on out of breath, but the band was steamrolling through and nobody noticed. It was hot today, so it was impressive to me that they played and entertained their balls off as much as they did. Ed seemed to be sincerely enjoying himself while Wolf seems to have been reading up on some of the criticism and ventured out of his area to interact more. He also took cellphone video of the crowd during Ed’s solo when he was standing behind the drums. Alex was great all night, even though his solo spot is not my favorite part of the show. The setlist was exactly the same as we’ve seen. Drop Dead Legs was awesome to hear live, as was Dirty Movies. Hot For Teacher was a real standout b/c of the lightshow. I don’t know that I’ve noticed the lights in the videos I’ve seen, but live it was unreal. The lights added a great deal to many of the songs, so kudos to those people for doing a great job. Overall, I think it was a great show to see. If you are wavering about going like I was, don’t. Get your tickets and go. It was a hit to the wallet, but how many more opportunities are we going to have????

August 2, 2015 at 12:35 am Quote #47913

wjamflan
(1089)

One other interesting tidbit about the show…. you were not allowed into the venue with a cap on your water bottle, whether you brought it from home or bought it there. The explanation was that it was at the band’s request. Maybe Dave or someone in the band has been getting pelted at shows with Aquafina caps. I’ll have to watch the videos more closely and see….

August 2, 2015 at 1:33 am Quote #47915

guitard
(7354)

wjamflan: Maybe Dave or someone in the band has been getting pelted at shows with Aquafina caps.

Don’t know about Aquafina, but one time in Kenny’s basement, a girl named Illegal Evelin shot a bottle cap at Dave and after that they dated for three years. So you’d think Dave would be OK with caps flying at him. Might be a hot lookin’ cougar out there on the prowl for an aging rock star who’s a good aim with an Aquafina cap!

Nice review by the way.

August 2, 2015 at 1:39 am Quote #47918

sickman
(2380)

wjamflan: One other interesting tidbit about the show…. you were not allowed into the venue with a cap on your water bottle, whether you brought it from home or bought it there. The explanation was that it was at the band’s request. Maybe Dave or someone in the band has been getting pelted at shows with Aquafina caps. I’ll have to watch the videos more closely and see….

Every show I’ve ever been to at Xfinity in Hartford in the last 10 years had the same rule. I usually bring in an extra cap.

August 2, 2015 at 7:54 am Quote #47921

wjamflan
(1089)

sickman: Every show I’ve ever been to at Xfinity in Hartford in the last 10 years had the same rule. I usually bring in an extra cap.

Interesting….it’s only been the Xfinity Center since January 2014. Before that, it had 3 other names. I still call it Great Woods, because that’s what it was called when I worked there. Anyway, I haven’t been to any shows in the last year and a half so I had never heard that before. It just seemed oddly VH if you know what I mean. Maybe they took it from elsewhere. Maybe it’s Xfinity policy. Either way, It was unexpected….

August 2, 2015 at 8:01 am Quote #47922

wjamflan
(1089)

guitard: Don’t know about Aquafina, but one time in Kenny’s basement, a girl named Illegal Evelin shot a bottle cap at Dave and after that they dated for three years.So you’d think Dave would be OK with caps flying at him.Might be a hot lookin’ cougar out there on the prowl for an aging rock star who’s a good aim with an Aquafina cap!

Nice review by the way.

Ha. Thanks Randy.

Last night was a perspective changer for me. There were many drunk cougars in our area, including 3 right next to me. They knew every word to every song and danced like it was 1979 all night. They also lost their minds every time Dave did anything, especially when he gave them a look at his tatoos. It was clear from how they reacted that they still think of Dave as the guy on the poster in the WACF album who they wanted to tie up, 50 Shades of Dave style. I couldn’t believe it. But he really wasn’t as creepy live as he’s seemed on all of the videos…..

August 2, 2015 at 8:40 am Quote #47923

wjamflan
(1089)

Runnin’ With The Devil

August 2, 2015 at 8:42 am Quote #47924

wjamflan
(1089)

Drop Dead Legs

August 2, 2015 at 8:43 am Quote #47925

wjamflan
(1089)

Beautiful Girls

August 2, 2015 at 8:45 am Quote #47926

wjamflan
(1089)

Women In Love

August 2, 2015 at 8:46 am Quote #47927

wjamflan
(1089)

Hot For Teacher

August 2, 2015 at 8:48 am Quote #47928

wjamflan
(1089)

Unchained

August 2, 2015 at 8:50 am Quote #47929

wjamflan
(1089)

ATBL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.