1978 HD LIVE!!!

TopicsAll ForumsVan HalenOnline Videos1978 HD LIVE!!!

This topic has 34 voices, contains 122 replies, and was last updated by  single-8 3584 days ago.

June 26, 2014 at 10:58 pm Quote #36885

single-8
(222)

mrmojohalen: I was wondering, is your HD transfer the full show ? I know you had the complete audio & some of the video.
I think I remember seeing still photos where there was no video while the audio played to give the show a
more complete feel. Or am I wrong about this ?

I talked about the length before here somewhere..the 78 is 7 reels 79 is 9 reels..I extend the films using various editing techniques sometimes bringing on rather vicious comments..but I like to fill in the holes and since I can why not? If anyone doesn’t like my editing that’s cool…I don’t want to sound like Sammy… :cry:

June 27, 2014 at 10:25 pm Quote #36899

mrmojohalen
(6389)

single-8: I talked about the length before here somewhere..the 78 is 7 reels 79 is 9 reels..I extend the films using various editing techniques sometimes bringing on rather vicious comments..but I like to fill in the holes and since I can why not? If anyone doesn’t like my editing that’s cool…I don’t want to sound like Sammy… :cry:

I think I remember one of your techniques – wasn’t it a still of Dave & then it turned into a mirror image ?

I thought that was cool. Anytime you can do something like for the sake of continuity makes for a better experience.

Many shows that have been authored here will contain a still photo where there was no video available or there was some

kind of glitch in the original video. Otherwise, everything is chopped up.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

June 27, 2014 at 11:12 pm Quote #36903

single-8
(222)

mrmojohalen: I think I remember one of your techniques – wasn’t it a still of Dave & then it turned into a mirror image ?

I thought that was cool. Anytime you can do something like for the sake of continuity makes for a better experience.

Many shows that have been authored here will contain a still photo where there was no video available or there was some

kind of glitch in the original video. Otherwise, everything is chopped up.

mirror image is a great effect when the image moves to the left or the right and the camera doesnt follow right away..but I dont use effects too much ..then it isnt really an effect..I use stills in time with the music I can get pretty complicated with that tech
I have another clip of vanhalen from 1978 on my channel I split evh into a mirror image during eruption…check it out

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.