1999 and 2000, 2001 sessions.

TopicsAll ForumsVan HalenA Different Kind Of Truth1999 and 2000, 2001 sessions.

This topic has 4 voices, contains 5 replies, and was last updated by  Chris UK 4400 days ago.

February 17, 2012 at 1:58 am Quote #4925

PT5150
(6280)

Not that I care but I wonder what music came from these sessions??

I think its great they use old demos and song samples.

Gary Cherone second album.
The band, with Gary Cherone on vocals, recorded a follow-up to the poorly received Van Halen III that was never released. Working titles of tracks known to exist are;[9]

“Left for Dead”
“River Wide”
“Say Uncle”
“You Wear it Well”
“More Than Yesterday”
“I Don’t Miss You…Much”
“Love Again”
“Comfortably Dumb”
“Miss You Much”
“From Here, Where Do We Go?”
“Rock & Roll Cliche”
“I Want Her Anyway”[10]

To date, none of these tracks have leaked from the Van Halen archive. However Cherone released a track called “Left for Dead” on his Tribe of Judah project. Also, in 2008 Extreme, recorded “Comfortably Dumb” on their album Saudades de Rock.

[edit] David Lee Roth Sessions
Between 2000 and 2001 the band tried to make a record with David Lee Roth on vocals but none of the sessions were successful and no material was released.[11] To date no track names or information has been mentioned by the band. In an interview to Burrn! in 2006, Michael Anthony has admitted having copies of some of the material. He said: “For the most part it was actually pretty good. I don’t think Ed would ever let it out though. I’ve got some demo stuff at home, they didn’t even really want me to take any stuff home but I ended up with some stuff at home anyway. I’d never do anything behind the other guys’ backs with any of it so it’ll just sit in my box in the archives and maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid’s boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs).”[12]
Dweezil Zappa confirmed the band were working with Roth in January 2001 and they had six completed tracks.[citation

——————————————————————————–

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

February 20, 2012 at 2:30 pm Quote #5502

Vince G.
(2255)

I believe “Say Uncle” may have become “Sad Celibate” from Cherone’s “Tribe of Judah” project. I know that in addition to “Left For Dead” there were at 1-2 other tracks from the follow-up to “VH III” that eventually turned up on the “Tribe of Judah” album with alternate titles.

February 28, 2012 at 4:51 am Quote #6419

PT5150
(6280)

Thanks.

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

March 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm Quote #7581

newjohn1212
(4)

I would bet China Town, You and Your Blues and The Trouble with Never were from these sessions. I can almost hear Michael Anthony on back ground vocals.

Can you imagine a 5 pc VH with Wolfie on Rhythm Guitar and Mikey back on bass, oh yes we can dream……………………….

“Stay Frosty” DLR 2012

March 12, 2012 at 4:25 pm Quote #7652

Chris UK
(2998)

I remember reading somewhere that Todd Rundgren was brought in to produce around that time but it never got off the ground.

March 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm Quote #7654

Chris UK
(2998)

newjohn1212: Can you imagine a 5 pc VH with Wolfie on Rhythm Guitar and Mikey back on bass, oh yes we can dream……………………….

Noooooooo VH does not need a rhythm guitar player IMO!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.