2012 -VH-japan tv

This topic has 17 voices, contains 37 replies, and was last updated by  dand363 2599 days ago.

December 28, 2012 at 4:16 pm Quote #21710

jroundy
(1418)

Thanks Ron… looking forward to the link.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

December 28, 2012 at 7:59 pm Quote #21711

mcs5150
(1096)

Thanks Ron!

January 4, 2013 at 5:35 pm Quote #21846

mrmojohalen
(6377)

Does the original have left channel audio only? Mine is like that.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

January 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm Quote #21847

PT5150
(6280)

Cant wait to see it.
Here’s part of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sMW2fdB8ZwQ

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

January 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm Quote #21848

JasonA
(1104)

mrmojohalen:

Yeah, it seems to be that way. This whole recording has kind of a strange quality to it. I’m glad to have it, it just looks and sounds like…I don’t know, but I’m curious as to how it was made. Is it from a standalone DVD recorder, or something else?

January 5, 2013 at 6:59 am Quote #21857

scallions
(392)

I missed the boat on the Japan special, can I get a copy from someone here?

Shawn

January 5, 2013 at 12:16 pm Quote #21864

jroundy
(1418)

mrmojohalen:

The menu is in both channels, but the actual show is just left channel for me. I am guessing whoever recorded the program messed up, or the broadcast was screwed up. I am surprised when I watched it, I didn’t notice the right channel was missing. Maybe, the right channel got messed up during the DVD authoring process?

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

January 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm Quote #21867

guitard
(7354)

jroundy: I didn’t notice the right channel was missing. Maybe, the right channel got messed up during the DVD authoring process?

It almost certainly occurred before it got to the authoring – as the authoring program doesn’t give you the option of dropping an audio channel. It just takes whatever audio you load into it and plays it. So it probably happened in the capture or in the conversion (if there was one) to prepare the file(s) for authoring.

January 5, 2013 at 1:17 pm Quote #21870

mrmojohalen
(6377)

jroundy: The menu is in both channels, but the actual show is just left channel for me.I am guessing whoever recorded the program messed up, or the broadcast was screwed up.I am surprised when I watched it, I didn’t notice the right channel was missing.Maybe, the right channel got messed up during the DVD authoring process?

I had headphones on when I was checking out the show & noticed that there was no right channel.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

January 7, 2013 at 4:09 am Quote #21917

animal
(788)

Damn… I missed out on this one.
Is anyone willing to hook me up with a copy.

Thanks

January 9, 2013 at 2:59 am Quote #21961

kite
(2009)

Robin send me a mail

January 12, 2013 at 12:37 am Quote #21995

mdk7691
(317)

…Included in one of my upcoming video releases with corrected stereo audio and everything but band interviews cut (the boring stuff, Japanese narration, Templeman interview, etc.); credit to Cato and RothArmy.

January 12, 2013 at 1:41 am Quote #21996

PT5150
(6280)

Thought it was good..Thanks to SICKMAN for helping me out.
You can see how happy they are together.
Templeman stuff I thought was good.
Even the ladie who painted 1984 cover.

Done at Roth’s Pasadena house??

Only bummer it’s only in LH speaker.

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

March 8, 2013 at 11:04 am Quote #23458

ron
(11464)

http://udo.jp/Artists/VanHalen/news.html

[via Google Translate]
Van Halen featured in the “Best Hit USA” “SONG TO SOUL”!

On-air at “Best Hit USA” is featured Van Halen!

At “Best Hit USA” BS Asahi broadcast, featured Van Halen will be on the air from 23:00 on Tuesday, March 12. Which features an interview with David Lee Roth, it contains very deep.

In addition, on-air, “Jump” Van Halen and entitles SP Vernal Equinox Day in BS-TBS “SONG TO SOUL” broadcast from 23:00 on Wednesday, March 20!

Birth story broadcast last year masterpieces Eddie, Alex, Dave said. New single coverage David Lee Roth in response to popular. Dave talks passionately about the “jump” and more!

Please look forward to both!

[via Bing Translate]
featured in best hits USA “SONG TO SOUL, Van Halen !

Featured Van Halen’s on air for the best hits USA!

Featured Van Halen at the BS Asahi broadcasting’s best hits USA OnAir from 3/12 23:00. It is very dark content, featuring an interview with David Lee Roth.

In addition to a SONG TO SOUL BS-TBS broadcasting from 3/20 23:00′s on-air Van Halen jump SP and titled, the Equinox!

Broadcast the famous birth narratives in Eddie, Alex, Dave talks about last year. Newly independent coverage of David Lee Roth in response to favorable. Dave talks hot about “jumping” addition!

Look forward to both of them.

March 22, 2013 at 10:22 am Quote #23738

ron
(11464)

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/03/22/might-as-well-david-lee-roth-on-the-philosophy-behind-van-halens-1984-hit-jump/

March 22, 2013 at 8:01 am
‘Might as well!’: David Lee Roth on the philosophy behind Van Halen’s 1984 hit ‘Jump’
by Something Else! Reviews

You may have listened to “Jump,” Van Halen’s lone charttopping hit from 1984, without stopping to realize the deeper philosophical message laying just beneath the surface. David Lee Roth is here to help.

The ever-eccentric, ever-loquacious Van Halen frontman Roth was interviewed for the Japanese television show “Song of Soul,” linked in the video below, along with fellow co-founding Van Halen members Eddie and Alex.

“Might as well jump,” Roth says, ruminating. “Aw, you might as well. Let’s just not even have the verb ‘jump.’ Might as well! It’s a commitment to a forward space. There’s no wasted days, there’s no timing moves like in chess.”

Initially demoed in Eddie Van Halen’s new home studio with engineer Donn Landee, “Jump” was re-recorded the next day (in just one take, save for the guitar solo) by producer Ted Templeman, who recalls that Roth wrote the lyrics in the backseat of a Mercury convertible. Inspiration, Roth now says, came in the form of the age-old idea of carpe diem — or seize the day.

“Maybe the only rationale you can use is, ‘Hey, I might as well,’” Roth adds. “That may be all you need to propel you into your next big move in your life — or the next big mistake. Either way, at least you have a life worth living, a life well lived in.”

Eddie Van Halen, meanwhile, seems to have gotten his inspiration from a far more temporal source: The track’s famous synth signature, which heralded a move for Van Halen away from rock into more pop-oriented sounds, bears a striking resemblance to the riff on Hall and Oates’ earlier hit song “Kiss On My List.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.