2015-07-11 San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-07-11 San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA

This topic has 16 voices, contains 49 replies, and was last updated by  jroundy 3202 days ago.

July 15, 2015 at 1:01 am Quote #47056

zr1fevr
(155)

I just put up the last 45 minutes of the 7-11-15 show up on youtube. It is HD, shot from the 3rd row. My user name is the same, zr1fevr. I believe it’s fixed now, 1080P. This is mainly an Ed shot video, lots of close ups. The lighting is a major pain to video, as you can see in a lot of the photos also. You have to zoom in to bypass the light issue. All in all though, it came out pretty good.

July 15, 2015 at 5:52 am Quote #47063

PT5150
(6281)

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

July 15, 2015 at 5:57 am Quote #47064

PT5150
(6281)

From Front Row..

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

July 15, 2015 at 7:29 am Quote #47068

PT5150
(6281)

Thanks zr1fevr
Awesome close ups of Ed’s guitar work bro..

zr1fevr: I just put up the last 45 minutes of the 7-11-15 show up on youtube. It is HD, shot from the 3rd row. My user name is the same, zr1fevr. I believe it’s fixed now, 1080P. This is mainly an Ed shot video, lots of close ups. The lighting is a major pain to video, as you can see in a lot of the photos also. You have to zoom in to bypass the light issue. All in all though, it came out pretty good.

July 15, 2015 at 7:58 am Quote #47071

guitard
(7354)

zr1fevr: The lighting is a major pain to video, as you can see in a lot of the photos also. You have to zoom in to bypass the light issue. All in all though, it came out pretty good.

Does your videocam have manual exposure? Manual exposure is pretty critical, especially in a setting where the guy you are videotaping is wearing white (or light) colored clothing and playing a white guitar.

July 15, 2015 at 11:01 am Quote #47083

VAiN
(2777)

zr1fevr: I just put up the last 45 minutes of the 7-11-15 show up on youtube. It is HD, shot from the 3rd row. My user name is the same, zr1fevr. I believe it’s fixed now, 1080P. This is mainly an Ed shot video, lots of close ups. The lighting is a major pain to video, as you can see in a lot of the photos also. You have to zoom in to bypass the light issue. All in all though, it came out pretty good.

Killer video! THANK YOU!!

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

July 15, 2015 at 1:15 pm Quote #47094

zr1fevr
(155)

PT5150: Thanks zr1fevr Awesome close ups of Ed’s guitar work bro..

Thank you!

July 15, 2015 at 1:39 pm Quote #47095

zr1fevr
(155)

guitard: Does your videocam have manual exposure?Manual exposure is pretty critical, especially in a setting where the guy you are videotaping is wearing white (or light) colored clothing and playing a white guitar.

Yes. I played around with it the night before to get the same settings I had for the 2012 shows I did, but I spaced on adjusting it during the show. I got to the venue about 5:30pm from AZ, had about 3 hours sleep the night before, so I was tired before it even started. I had a few issues during the show too.. A near fight between security & a guy who didn’t belong in the pit during SGMAD, right in my row in front of me. My battery died before Dirty Movies, I was pissed, thought I had a few more minutes. For being in the 3rd row, I had to dodge phones like crazy! It seemed like there were 10 people in front of me sometimes. Usually I can stand really still filming, but this show was so damn fun to see, I couldn’t stand still too well. If anyone is on the fence about going, go, it is a great show! And, of course the lighting issue at times. When I zoomed tighter, its great. I have the whole show, just couldn’t get the first part to load into YT. I have 6th row for PHX, so hope to get a nice video from that show too.

July 15, 2015 at 1:40 pm Quote #47096

zr1fevr
(155)

VAiN: Killer video! THANK YOU!!

Thanks VAiN!

July 15, 2015 at 8:57 pm Quote #47137

tone1963
(1806)

Thanks for sharing! I think this is the best show so far for Dave vocally

July 15, 2015 at 10:07 pm Quote #47140

sbnitro
(505)

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

July 16, 2015 at 12:47 pm Quote #47171

jroundy
(1418)

I just got a chance to watch this on my TV via Apple TV…. and this looks and sounds fantastic.

Easily the best I have seen on YouTube. I hope you put up the rest of the show.

Amazing job… Thanks!!!

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

July 16, 2015 at 3:40 pm Quote #47178

kaloway
(2013)

UP AT DIME

Van Halen – San Bernardino, CA, July 11, 2015 (Hellrazor)
Info hash a48016508d226e6d426ef8403ddd01786b00900d
Description Van Halen
San Manuel Amphitheater
San Bernardino, CA
July 11, 2015

DVD NTSC
MPEG-2
Birate 9058
Framerate 29.970
720 x 480
16: 9

Audience filmed by “Hellrazor”
Panasonic Lumix – DMC ZS50 > Nero > dvd decrypter > Dime

Setlist…
Light Up the Sky
Runnin’ With the Devil
Romeo Delight
Everybody Wants Some!!
Drop Dead Legs
Feel Your Love Tonight
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
She’s the Woman
China Town
I’ll Wait
Drum Solo
Little Guitars
Dance the Night Away
Beautiful Girls
Women in Love
Hot for Teacher
In a Simple Rhyme
Dirty Movies
Ice Cream Man
Unchained
Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love
Guitar Solo
You Really Got Me
Panama
Jump

Screens…
http://db.etree.org/myshows_detail.php?showid=9500584

Sample…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6REBZoU2Q

Artwork by ija and is included in the torrent

An amazing show by Van Halen and I think the video came out great. I had pretty good seats and it worked out the angle I had put Alex right behind Eddie so they are both in frame together, once in a while there is an arm that pops up on the video that is also in line with Eddie, but it`s not to much of a distraction. There`s a few jumps in the video and the reason is there is a 30 minute setting limit on this cam, so I try to stop & start it between songs to avoid a mid song gap. There is a battery change at the end of Beautiful Girls and it cuts off the beginning of Women In Love and also during Women In Love security comes to search the dude sitting next to me so I put my camera down for a bit untill they split. During Hot For Teacher someone get onstage and stands in front of Eddie and shows him a piece of paper, security promptly gets him off the stage…Check samples before downloading, but in my opinion this is a stellar show!!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=534184

July 16, 2015 at 4:31 pm Quote #47186

zr1fevr
(155)

jroundy: I just got a chance to watch this on my TV via Apple TV…. and this looks and sounds fantastic.

Easily the best I have seen on YouTube.I hope you put up the rest of the show.

Amazing job… Thanks!!!

Thank you, appreciate it! I try really hard to get steady shots as much as I can, & get close ups of all of Ed’s solos. It’s recorded in 5.1 stereo, sounds pretty good on my home theatre setup, but a dedicated audio source would be great. With a good steady full stage HD second source, I think it could be a nice multi cam show. I am planning to up the rest, it’s just the file is over 12GB, & my kids computer is having a hard time upping it. My higher end pc died a month ago, hope to have the other half up in about a week.

July 19, 2015 at 2:56 pm Quote #47272

mrmojohalen
(6389)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.