2015 Tickets

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015 Tickets

This topic has 31 voices, contains 82 replies, and was last updated by  mcs5150 3288 days ago.

April 16, 2015 at 7:04 am Quote #44795

sickman
(2380)

Maybe it’s time for another wave of TV performances. Letterman, SNL etc.

April 16, 2015 at 3:37 pm Quote #44802

VAiN
(2777)

sickman: Maybe it’s time for another wave of TV performances. Letterman, SNL etc.

If they did that and Dave really practiced and didn’t go off-script with the vocals ticket sales would pick up.

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

April 16, 2015 at 4:18 pm Quote #44804

Dave
(2283)

I wonder how much of the less-than-expected ticket sales is due to them ignoring their brand, legacy, and fans until they actually tour. Maybe it’s starting to catch up with them?

Stay Frosty

April 16, 2015 at 5:57 pm Quote #44807

zr1fevr
(155)

A lot of fans are tired of seeing them play the same songs, again. No new studio cd means probably the same set list we have already seen, countless times.

April 17, 2015 at 9:29 am Quote #44817

guitard
(7354)

zr1fevr: A lot of fans are tired of seeing them play the same songs, again. No new studio cd means probably the same set list we have already seen, countless times.

For a band that I only see every three years or so, I don’t mind if they basically play the same setlist. I’ll still thoroughly enjoy myself.

April 17, 2015 at 11:05 am Quote #44819

chrisc
(691)

I think its funny that everyone likes to beat up the band for all the reasons why the tickets aren’t up to par, in their opinions, but how about the basic ticket price!?

I am going to Bethel Woods, and the majority of the tickets that are available are the very expensive ones. I appreciate that they, along with so many other bands are trying to give the VIP experience, but personally I just can’t justify $450 a ticket to hear a sound check and maybe meet the band. Those are things to me that should be done for free on a limited basis. But hey, we pay it so the bands can fleece us for all our cash. I am 44, have seen VH about 40 times, will always go to see them, but I am very good with just spending $45 a ticket and sitting on the lawn. This way I can bring my son with me, and still be able to take a vacation this year!

Get busy living or get busy dyin

April 17, 2015 at 8:19 pm Quote #44830

Gilligan
(1518)

So this is a picture of the venue where I’m seeing VH. I’ll be “inside” I guess pretty close to the stage, but I don’t get how people on the lawn are supposed to see what’s happening. Do they just look through those big openings? It seems like if you were near the middle or back of the lawn you would be able to see all the way to the stage in the covered area.
Anyone been to a place similar to this setup? I find the covered area to be a little bizarre.

April 17, 2015 at 9:07 pm Quote #44832

VOODOO
(2374)

From what I can see, you have three large screens and the line of sight from the hill is directly toward the stage. Looks a lot like DTE (Pine Knob) in Clarkston, MI. You have to remember that the seats inside continue to go lower like any other venue. The stage is lower than the outside level of the covered seating area.

April 17, 2015 at 10:54 pm Quote #44835

ron
(11511)

Mirroring what Scott (Voo) said, Alpine Valley in WI has a huge lawn section, which holds close to 30,000 people. There are covered seats (7-8,000), and in this photo the stage is that black hole in the middle. The sight-lines from the lawn are actually very good. Hopefully your venue is set up just as nice.

April 18, 2015 at 12:20 am Quote #44837

Gilligan
(1518)

Yeah, that’s a much better camera angle. From the picture I posted, I just don’t see how it works, but obviously it must. It’s probably way bigger than it looks too. I’ve never seen a covered “outdoor” theater before, so even when I bought my tickets I thought I was going to be outside but turns out we’ll be covered. I’m definitely not complaining, the Portland area gets its share of rain!

April 18, 2015 at 8:19 am Quote #44839

sickman
(2380)

Gilligan: So this is a picture of the venue where I’m seeing VH.I’ll be “inside” I guess pretty close to the stage, but I don’t get how people on the lawn are supposed to see what’s happening.Do they just look through those big openings?It seems like if you were near the middle or back of the lawn you would be able to see all the way to the stage in the covered area. Anyone been to a place similar to this setup?I find the covered area to be a little bizarre.

That is a very similar set up to Xfinity in Hartford. I’ve been to shows where I have been against that fence all the way at the top of the hill and you can still see the stage and the lighting but the screens on the outside are pretty big so you can watch the show on those.

April 18, 2015 at 9:39 am Quote #44840

guitard
(7354)

The lawn … I just can’t deal with the lawn anymore. My biggest gripe is that there are NO rows. And invariably, you get these drunks who want to buy a beer every 15 minutes. So they are tiptoeing through the crowd and annoying the fuck out everyone around them. To stop them from trying to pass by the front of you, you end up sliding your chair forward so that your knees are practically touching the back of the chair in front of you. But that’s a constant battle, because people are continually sliding forward the whole show and you have to keep up with them or a gap will form and the drunks will want to use it. If you only have a blanket to sit on – forget about it. The drunks are going to be walking all over it. Of course, the drunker they get, the more difficult it is for them to steadily make their way through the crowd and then you see them tripping and stumbling and falling onto people.

If you’re lucky, the show doesn’t sell out and the lawn isn’t crowded – and you can actually have your own little spot and no one bothers you.

April 18, 2015 at 10:39 am Quote #44841

mcs5150
(1096)

guitard: The lawn … I just can’t deal with the lawn anymore.My biggest gripe is that there are NO rows.And invariably, you get these drunks who want to buy a beer every 15 minutes.So they are tiptoeing through the crowd and annoying the fuck out everyone around them.To stop them from trying to pass by the front of you, you end up sliding your chair forward so that your knees are practically touching the back of the chair in front of you.But that’s a constant battle, because people are continually sliding forward the whole show and you have to keep up with them or a gap will form and the drunks will want to use it.If you only have a blanket to sit on – forget about it.The drunks are going to be walking all over it.Of course, the drunker they get, the more difficult it is for them to steadily make their way through the crowd and then you see them tripping and stumbling and falling onto people.

If you’re lucky, the show doesn’t sell out and the lawn isn’t crowded – and you can actually have your own little spot and no one bothers you.

I agree 100%. Concerts in such places are great in theory, in practice with drunk assholes not so much.

April 18, 2015 at 10:45 am Quote #44842

single-8
(222)

the lawn is the perfect place for the wheelchair..and if you wear your military uniform,they all salute you Ive had them let me in first,they give handicapped priority..worked great everywhere.. Glenn went as far as to have the W.B. nobody searches you ..I always went for the H.C. section..

April 18, 2015 at 11:32 am Quote #44843

Dutchie
(1767)

zr1fevr: A lot of fans are tired of seeing them play the same songs, again. No new studio cd means probably the same set list we have already seen, countless times.

How the hell anybody can complain about the set lists of the last couple of tours is beyond me. They are playing ALL the fucking classics and a ton of shit they haven’t played since the early 80′s.

What do you want them to play???

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.