50 best guitarists in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

TopicsAll ForumsGeneralThe Corner Pub50 best guitarists in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

This topic has 4 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by  Gilligan 2449 days ago.

August 2, 2017 at 10:01 am Quote #56956

ron
(11495)

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/08/50_most_amazing_in_the_rock_ro.html

50 best guitarists in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Posted August 02, 2017

Where does Eddie Van Halen, seen here playing a signature EVH Wolfgang guitar, rank among the all-time greats? (Matt Bruck)

CLEVELAND, Ohio — It’s the instrument most associated with rock and roll. It’s also one of the handful of things on Earth that’s undeniably cool as hell.

The guitar has been the centerpiece of music since the early days, from acoustic-driven folk and blues to British rock and heavy metal. And one place to celebrate the best axe men of all time is, not surprisingly, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

For this list, we only considered guitarists that have been INDUCTED into the Rock Hall. That rules out players whose bands aren’t quite eligible yet (Tom Morello, Jonny Greenwood, Jack White, etc.) and snubs like Link Wray, Robert Fripp of King Crimsons, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits.

We present our picks for the 50 greatest guitarists among the Rock Hall’s inductees based on influence, skill, musicality and showmanship. Judge us if you must.

[click the link to see the list]

August 2, 2017 at 11:44 am Quote #56957

redozzman
(48)

No offense to Kirk Hammett but that makes me laugh, and Mike McCready….. please!!!! No Alex Lifeson, hell I would give Ace Frehley the nod over either Hammett or McCready…. blasphemy!

August 4, 2017 at 3:38 pm Quote #56986

King Edward
(1945)

redozzman: No offense to Kirk Hammett but that makes me laugh, and Mike McCready….. please!!!! NoAlex Lifeson, hell I would giveAce Frehley the nod over either Hammett or McCready…. blasphemy!

Agreed!!!!!

August 6, 2017 at 12:19 am Quote #56994

Gilligan
(1518)

I don’t have a big problem with the folks on that list, but the order seems way out of whack. Eddie at #2 is respectable. If I remember correctly, Rolling Stone had a list a while back that had Eddie listed behind Joan Jett?! I hope I’m wrong about that…

I’m mostly just glad Cobain didn’t make this list.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.