2007-09-29 Greensboro, NC

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2007-2008 Tour2007-09-29 Greensboro, NC

This topic has 7 voices, contains 17 replies, and was last updated by  Big Jon 3184 days ago.

July 29, 2015 at 7:56 am Quote #47747

guitard
(7354)

I’m working on a 2-cam blu-ray version of this show. When I authored a single-cam version way back when, I used audio recorded by “Dickweed.” I can’t find that audio, however. Does anyone have a copy of his recording that they can make available? Are there any other recordings from this show?

July 29, 2015 at 8:05 am Quote #47748

ron
(11492)

I’ve got a copy of the Jerry B aka “The Govner” recording.

Howdy everybody!
What a pleasant day for a drive from Knoxville to Greensboro for the 2nd stop of the current Van Halen tour! I spent the drive listening to AC/DC until I got to Winston-Salem then popped in some VH to set the mood! Before I got parked I stopped in at CVS to get some fresh batteries for my microphone and was talking to a man, his wife & his kid who came in from Alabama for the show. I also talked to a pilot for Johnson City TN who was buying some earplugs for the show. As usual I forgot mine in the car!
There seemed to be a lot of people there from out of town or who had brought their own kids to see what they thought would never happen! Even though I had a good position to tape from I wished this was a better sounding tape but crowd response & facilities accoustics you have no control over! That and with the stage out in the floor as far as it was they really had the rows of seats very close together and the seats would not fold up to give you some extra “legroom”. My opinion….. it will be extremely hard to get a “perfect” recording from this tour mainly because of the intensity of the audience’s reaction to seeing something that they thought they would have never seen!
That being said…..this is still a great recording with pretty good sound! Van Halen was on it and it shows! I for the life of me see how anybody can claim that Wolfgang is miming to Micheal Anthony’s vocal tracks when he is on the screen almost with any backing vocals he sings and he is not faking it! And it is refreshing to see Dave dropping his bullshit ramblings and just singing one hit after the next! With luck I will get another chance to see Van Halen next year!

Enjoy!

Van Halen 2007-09-29 Greensboro Coliseum Greensboro NC
Floor Section A Row 41 Seat 10 about 10 feet left of the soundboard
Sony PCM-M1 > Aiwa CM-TS55 > Maxell HS-4/90s > Sony PCM-R300 >
Sony STR-DE945 > Pioneer PDR-555RW > CDR > EAC > FLAC

Taped by Jerry B aka “The Govner”

DO NOT CONVERT TO LOSSY FORMAT!!!!!!

Track01 You Really Got Me
Track02 I’m The One
Track03 Running With The Devil
Track04 Romeo Delight
Track05 Somebody Call Me A Doctor
Track06 Beautiful Girls
Track07 Dance The Night Away
Track08 Atomic Punk
Track09 Everybody Wants Some
Track10 So This Is Love
Track11 Mean Street
Track12 Pretty Woman
Track13 Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
Track14 Unchained
Track15 I’ll Wait

Disc 2
Track01 And The Cradle Will Rock
Track02 Hot For Teacher
Track03 Little Dreamer
Track04 Little Guitars
Track05 Jamie’s Crying
Track06 Dave Tells A Story
Track07 Ice Cream Man
Track08 Panama
Track09 Eddie van Halen Guitar Solo
Track10 Ain’t Talking About Love
Track11 1984
Track12 Jump
Track13 Audience

July 29, 2015 at 9:02 am Quote #47750

guitard
(7354)

According to my notes for the original single-cam version, I used a recording made by Dickweek. Maybe the Govner’s version wasn’t available at the time.

Ron – if you can upload the Govner’s version, I’d really appreciate it.

July 29, 2015 at 9:09 am Quote #47751

ron
(11492)

“The Govner” version came out a day after the show. I’m not aware of the “Dickweed” version. I’m uploading the “The Govner” version to Dropbox, and will PM you when complete.

July 29, 2015 at 10:45 am Quote #47760

Big Jon
(213)

ron: I’m not aware of the “Dickweed” version.

The Dickweed version is at http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=22907 with no current seeders. Perhaps someone that has this version can jump on and seed ??

ron: I’m uploading the “The Govner” version to Dropbox, and will PM you when complete.

Ron, can I get in on the Dropbox action for The Govner’s version ??

July 29, 2015 at 12:39 pm Quote #47766

guitard
(7354)

I might be getting this mixed up with a different show, but I seem to recall that one of the two versions for this show was a lot better than the other. And since I used the Dickweed version, I would imagine that’s the better version. But it’s been eight years … I might very well be talking about a different show.

July 29, 2015 at 10:00 pm Quote #47780

Mink
(2663)

I looked through my collection and all I have is the Govner version.

July 29, 2015 at 11:20 pm Quote #47781

tone1963
(1806)

The Dickweed version is definitely the better of the two. I have it…
** Randy, PM sent
———
Van Halen 9/29/07
Greensboro Coliseum Complex
Greensboro, NC
———-
a dickweed recording. a captain production
Original Audience Recording>CDR>WAV>FLAC
extracted to WAV with EAC
encoded to FLAC with FLAC Frontend
—————-
Disc I
——-
01 You Really Got Me
02 I’m The One
03 Runnin’ With The Devil
04 Romeo Delight
05 Somebody Get Me A Doctor
06 Beautiful Girls
07 Dance The Night Away
08 Atomic Punk
09 Everybody Wants Some
10 So This Is Love
11 Mean Street
12 Pretty Woman
13 Alex’s Drum Solo
—————-
Disc II
——
01 Unchained
02 I’ll Wait
03 And The Cradle Will Rock
04 Hot For Teacher
05 Little Dreamer
06 Little Guitars
07 Jamie’s Cryin’
08 Dave’s Rap / Ice Cream Man
09 Panama
10 Eddie’s Guitar Solo
11 Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love
12 1984
13 Jump
Notes to the VH Greensboro show:
- This is a completely different recorded source than previously released in torrent & the sound to this recording is good.
- When the band hit the stage for the Intro, I cannot describe the feeling I got thru my whole body, a rush better than any drug could give me. The curtain swings wide, and the band lets loose…
- You Really Got Me was ausome, that set the stage for the concert that was about to become reality
- I’m The One sounded really good, but when they completely stopped mid song to let the crowd roar, I got goose bumps over my whole body, incredible feeling!! Its obvious Dave & Eddie are ON!!
- Runnin’ With The Devil was great with Wolfie setting up the song
- Romeo Delight has always been a crowd favorite, and this rendition was no different, and includes a small bass solo by Wolfie and includes small Magic Bus
- Somebody Get Me a Doctor was ausome, with Dave and Eddie side by side
- Dance The Night Away was good, but started having problems with the recorder at this point
- Everybody Wants Some was incredible and has Dave and Eddie competing together
- Mean Street sounded great live tonite!!
- Alex has a very good, solid drum solo
- Unchained is still one of the best rock songs ever performed, enough said
- And The Cradle Will Rock has Dave saying to Eddie, “Don’t fuck with me while I’m singing” and ends with an ausome Smoke on the Water rendition
- Hot For Teacher is always a crowd favorite and sounded really good
- Little Guitars is a great summer time song, and a great live song
- Dave’s Rap prior to Ice Cream Man has pot with seeds and an old girlfriend tale
- Panama is still a Rock Anthem
- Eddie’s Guitar Solo and Eruption was almost right on, and you never get sick of listen the guitar God!!
- Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love sounded great, and a perfect ending to a perfect show
- The encore was piped in 1984 and Jump. Well turns out Eddie may have grabbed a wrong guitar for this song, cause, well, it sounded like shit, but still listenable!!
Well that is my story from the Greensboro Van Halen show the nice warm September nite!! Enjoy the recording, and if someone wants to clean it up or whatever, feel free to!!

July 30, 2015 at 12:10 am Quote #47783

tone1963
(1806)

Big Jon: The Dickweed version is at http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=22907 with no current seeders.Perhaps someone that has this version can jump on and seed ??

I’m seeding over at JTT now. Feel free to hop on

July 30, 2015 at 12:54 am Quote #47784

guitard
(7354)

Alright folks – thanks to Ron and Tone1963, I’ve got both versions of this show!

July 30, 2015 at 8:05 am Quote #47793

ron
(11492)

tone1963: I’m seeding over at JTT now. Feel free to hop on

Thanks!

July 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm Quote #47797

VOODOO
(2374)

I’d love to grab this, but JTT says I’ve reached my download limit and I wont be eligible to download again for 55 years. :roll: I haven’t used JTT in ages, because it was dead for so long. I can’t even figure out where to find my actual ratio.

July 30, 2015 at 12:53 pm Quote #47799

ron
(11492)

voodoo: I’d love to grab this, but JTT says I’ve reached my download limit and I wont be eligible to download again for 55 years. :roll: I haven’t used JTT in ages, because it was dead for so long. I can’t even figure out where to find my actual ratio.

Search for yourself here, and then click your name in the results to get to your page with that info.
http://www.jamtothis.com/memberlist.php?do=search

July 30, 2015 at 1:39 pm Quote #47800

VOODOO
(2374)

ron: Search for yourself here, and then click your name in the results to get to your page with that info. http://www.jamtothis.com/memberlist.php?do=search

I don’t even show up on the list.

July 30, 2015 at 6:25 pm Quote #47810

Big Jon
(213)

tone1963: I’m seeding over at JTT now. Feel free to hop on

Thanks !!

voodoo: I’d love to grab this, but JTT says I’ve reached my download limit and I wont be eligible to download again for 55 years. I haven’t used JTT in ages, because it was dead for so long. I can’t even figure out where to find my actual ratio.

I can Dropbox it for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.