2015-09-06 Bethel Woods, NY

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-09-06 Bethel Woods, NY

This topic has 5 voices, contains 6 replies, and was last updated by  mjk2112 3124 days ago.

September 4, 2015 at 10:29 am Quote #49073

chrisc
(691)

Is anyone else going Sunday night? I am very excited to go, bringing my 12 year old son for his first concert!

Get busy living or get busy dyin

September 7, 2015 at 8:53 am Quote #49192

chrisc
(691)

Will give a thorough review later, but it was a great show. I would guess close to 20K there!

September 7, 2015 at 9:36 am Quote #49193

ron
(11495)

The band Van Halen brought its summer tour to Bethel Woods on Sunday night.

September 7, 2015 at 11:02 am Quote #49194

chrisc
(691)

So here is my take on the show:

Same set list as it has been, which I was glad for because I really wanted to hear some of the rare ones, to me In a Simple Rhyme was the best of the night, followed by DDL.
Eddie had issues with his guitar and setup during his solo and lost all sound for about a minute, his tech was trying like hell to get it up an running, Eddie ran with it, and even joked with the crowd, it was a cool moment.
Dave was not chatty at all, which was fine by me, and in fact maybe that’s why his voice sounded so good. There was a moment during one song, and I forgot which one, where Dave did seem pissed and didn’t sing a whole set of lyrics, but whatever was bothering him, he got over it.
Ed and Dave seemed to get along just fine, and were laughing together quite a bit.
The band sounds amazing, it’s worth it just to see them as a three piece, Eddie has never sounded better to me.
Bethel Woods is probably the nicest place you will see a concert and although I am no taper, it seems you could very easily get in anything you need to get a quality recording.
Final thought, I still had that nagging feeling that this will be the last time I will see VH with Dave. Perhaps the touring every three years works for them? Don’t know, but I still think Dave would be just fine sailing off into obscurity at this point.

September 7, 2015 at 10:36 pm Quote #49211

mrmojohalen
(6386)

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

September 8, 2015 at 12:26 pm Quote #49217

Cornered Hero
(7)

Well, I sure as hell hope he doesn’t sail off into obscurity. I realize it would only fuel the usual break up talk, but if Wolf is going to to get back to recording his solo effort, it’s only fair that Dave’s work with John 5 see the light of day. It really is unfortunate just how much time the band has wasted. One studio release since Dave’s return to the band is not very productive. I can only imagine that Ed is comfortable with being considered a nostalgia act now.

September 29, 2015 at 5:09 pm Quote #49893

mjk2112
(335)

Full Show…

boldly going nowhere

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.