30 seconds of EVERY track

TopicsAll ForumsVan HalenA Different Kind Of Truth30 seconds of EVERY track

This topic has 24 voices, contains 51 replies, and was last updated by  King Edward 4461 days ago.

January 27, 2012 at 7:00 pm Quote #2814

vhrob
(1727)

I think we all agree that Ed’s original sound was the best on the planet. Always was and always will be. Hands down.

But I guess I have no interest in hearing the same sound over and over again. I am glad he is onto something new. I mean like the band always said, “If we we’re gonna do the same thing, why not just re-release the last record again.”

With that being said, sure they are putting out songs that we “hard cores” have been hearing since the ’80s as unreleased tracks, but guess what….. we have always dug them and wished Ed would put them out… here they are with an updated grunge type of twist and I love it.

I am stoked to hear the new sound with the new axe and amps. Let the raw, dirty distortion kick in and grunge away. Is it my favorite tone…. no way. But I am glad to see Edward experimenting and working out some new tones and styles. It’s still Eddie and it’s still the raw feeling of new VH. This album is gonna rank up there with the old ones some day. I really think it will. Not right away, but after time passes and we all get used to it, I think we will like the forever changing sounds of Edward Van Halen.

I cant wait for the 7th…. and I have been a hard core fan since 83 at 10 years old…..

Rob

vhtrading member since 2000

January 27, 2012 at 7:03 pm Quote #2817

JCKnife
(196)

Wes: I wasn’t going to listen to the samples…..but, damn!!!! Love those old tunes!8-O8-O:-D :-D :mrgreen:

Sorry man didn’t mean to spoil any surprises for you.

January 27, 2012 at 7:45 pm Quote #2822

Gilligan
(1518)

I’ve got it all planned out. Hit Wal-Mart after work on Feb. 7th. Grab a half rack of Rolling Rock and the VH cd/shirt combo. Go home and consume the beer and CD. When wife comes home, give her the shirt as a peace offering for my giddy mess.

I think listening to the samples will lessen the experience just a little, so I’m gonna try to hold out. I do enjoy everyone’s reactions though! I think I read 12 pages of ‘em over at the links! Do I think I can really wait? Probably not, but I’m hopeful…

January 27, 2012 at 8:17 pm Quote #2829

guitard
(7354)

Gilligan: I read 12 pages of ‘em over at the links!

I tend to stay away from the Links…way too much negativity there. Van Halen could donate ten million dollars to some charity and by the end of the first page of comments – there would be several negative comments.

January 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm Quote #2833

Gilligan
(1518)

guitard: I tend to stay away from the Links…

Yeah, I started lurking around over there again back when the tour dates were announced. I’ve found the threads are pretty good for about 4 pages and then the insults start flying and it’s time to check out. The 30 Second Previews thread was surprisingly positive, even if everyone basically said the same thing over and over and over.

And over.

January 27, 2012 at 9:05 pm Quote #2841

slimbrspickins
(337)

JCKnife: Oh wow Outta Space = Let’s Get Rockin!Big River = Big Trouble

Two of my favorites! Was just listening to complete zero yesterday and thought it would kick ass if these were worked up the the new cd. Looks like they are.

January 27, 2012 at 11:30 pm Quote #2858

ron
(11495)

I was just thinking about the timing of these 30 samples from the site at the top of the thread. The samples were posted to the site one week before the release date (which is Feb 3rd in that country), so I’m thinking that we’ll see more sites put samples online in the coming days (UK release is Monday, US release is Tuesday, etc…)

Just thinking out loud here.

January 27, 2012 at 11:37 pm Quote #2859

steecoe
(1984)

It’s coming…the Van Halen Express….The California Reacharounds, Baby! :mrgreen:

January 27, 2012 at 11:41 pm Quote #2860

Mac22
(3216)

Can’t seem to get the samples to play.

January 27, 2012 at 11:57 pm Quote #2861

mrmojohalen
(6386)

Mac22:
Can’t seem to get the samples to play.

Use IE instead of Firefox or just download the samples from the scottygonline stie.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

January 28, 2012 at 3:35 am Quote #2862

dusty825
(23)

Sounds like I have wasted my money buying the deluxe edition, only about 3 good songs

Life’s too short to drink cheap beer!

January 28, 2012 at 10:58 am Quote #2872

ron
(11495)

dusty825:
Sounds like I have wasted my money buying the deluxe edition, only about 3 good songs

Since you feel that way, and no CDs have actually shipped yet…. cancel your order, get your money back (if the place had already charged you), and live a happy life free of new Van Halen.

January 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm Quote #2901

VOODOO
(2374)

JCKnife: Someone over there already merged them into a single MP3. Here’s that link: http://www.scottygonline.com/sample.mp3

That someone would be me. ;-)

January 28, 2012 at 7:07 pm Quote #2911

mrmojohalen
(6386)

dusty825:

Why in the world would you pre-order something that you weren’t even sure that you were going to like ?

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

January 29, 2012 at 5:07 am Quote #2952

PT5150
(6281)

Pumped to hear this album.
VH are back in a big way with great support from the record company.
Making the trip over to see the boys ,want the big production, 2 hour plus shows with different songs in the setlist than 07-08.
Hope with Wolf on board he’ll push for different songs and keep things fresh..

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.