1978 HD LIVE!!!

TopicsAll ForumsVan HalenOnline Videos1978 HD LIVE!!!

This topic has 34 voices, contains 122 replies, and was last updated by  single-8 3588 days ago.

May 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm Quote #35677

mrmojohalen
(6389)

Would love to see the 8mm of that party !

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

May 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm Quote #35694

Lance
(3169)

i just watched the Feel Your Love You Tube vid again.. at 30 seconds into the song.. the image of DLR is cut into a reflection.. was this edited after or were cameras back then advanced enough to have this feature ? ..lol

another tour.. and no shows in my area.. maybe the next reunion tour 2020 … lol

May 5, 2014 at 11:25 pm Quote #35696

thismusicsux
(578)

Lance: i just watched the Feel Your Love You Tube vid again.. at 30 seconds into the song.. the image of DLR is cut into a reflection.. was this edited after or were cameras back then advanced enough to have this feature ? ..lol

doubt it was a feature then.
but he’s been doing a fair amount of editing and filling in gaps where needed in the videos

May 6, 2014 at 3:29 pm Quote #35733

mikeyV
(335)

Somebody needs to get a hold of that lady with the 8mm film of the party….hell I’ll pay for the conversion.

The Ultimate in Van Halen Vinyl

Proud Member Since the First Year– Both VHTrading and the Band

May 7, 2014 at 12:47 am Quote #35751

oryo
(7703)

My cousin told me they would see VH playing parties back in the 70′s and they were the ones who got me into VH.

Somebody hunt this lady down so she can get that footage converted!!!

May 7, 2014 at 12:51 am Quote #35752

oryo
(7703)

This is her I’m assuming?

https://www.facebook.com/mary.stubler.1?fref=browse_search

I just checked FB and typed in her name.

She’s in group that grew up in Pasadena and another one growing up in the 70′s.

May 7, 2014 at 2:35 am Quote #35753

Cut2TheCrash
(816)

Word on the street its 10 grand just to the get in mix and its shawn from canada that has the masters poney up a good 17 thousand and you can get in the mix is what i was told !!!

May 7, 2014 at 10:09 am Quote #35758

redozzman
(48)

Cut2TheCrash: Word on the street its 10 grand just to the get in mix and its shawn from canada that has the masters poney up a good 17 thousand and you can get in the mix is what i was told !!!

Is this for the Single 8 Guys footage or the backyard party footage? How many members are on this board 1000 members? I think we need a special assessment of $30 per member and lets buy that VanHalen footage!!!

May 7, 2014 at 11:20 am Quote #35760

Decatone
(1438)

Cut2TheCrash: Word on the street its 10 grand just to the get in mix and its shawn from canada that has the masters poney up a good 17 thousand and you can get in the mix is what i was told !!!

:-? I’m a bit lost with this? is this a funny twist on ott transfer costs ala mr.Dooling?

Has anyone contacted her yet? I’m not a facebooker, plus she’d wonder why a weirdo from the UK was interested in her home movies!

May 7, 2014 at 2:01 pm Quote #35762

vhrob
(1727)

redozzman: Is this for the Single 8 Guys footage or the backyard party footage? How many members are on this board 1000 members? I think we need a special assessment of $30 per member and lets buy that VanHalen footage!!!

I am on board with coughing up 30 bucks if need be to get this footage…..

Rob

vhtrading member since 2000

May 7, 2014 at 2:19 pm Quote #35763

Cut2TheCrash
(816)

Decatone: :-? I’m a bit lost with this? is this a funny twist on ott transfer costs ala mr.Dooling?

Has anyone contacted her yet? I’m not a facebooker, plus she’d wonder why a weirdo from the UK was interested in her home movies!

Sorry for the confusion I was in contact with another trader about some other footage other than Van Halen that “single-8 showcase” has. I was told that 10 grand would get some talk going with the VH footage and someone bid 17 grand and it was turned down

May 7, 2014 at 3:20 pm Quote #35766

ffoner
(1085)

Cut2TheCrash: Sorry for the confusion I was in contact with another trader about some other footage other than Van Halen that “single-8 showcase” has. I was told that 10 grand would get some talk going with the VH footage and someone bid 17 grand and it was turned down

LOL at those asking prices. What, so I can watch it in my basement? It couldn’t be released. Ed and co. would lawyer up so fast it wouldn’t even make it to market in the US.

May 7, 2014 at 3:21 pm Quote #35767

ffoner
(1085)

Cut2TheCrash: Sorry for the confusion I was in contact with another trader about some other footage other than Van Halen that “single-8 showcase” has. I was told that 10 grand would get some talk going with the VH footage and someone bid 17 grand and it was turned down

Sorry for the double post!

May 7, 2014 at 3:41 pm Quote #35769

thismusicsux
(578)

ffoner: LOL at those asking prices. What, so I can watch it in my basement? It couldn’t be released. Ed and co. would lawyer up so fast it wouldn’t even make it to market in the US.

Yeah nobody with the $ will be able to buy then actually sell a product to recoup, VH would drop the hammer. Too bad!

But I could see 500 of us diehards pitching in $30. Still…gathering that many fans would probably be harder than it seems.
Maybe we setup a kickstarter campaign to rally the troops. Hmmm!?

That footage is only valuable to fans that just want to watch it. So there’s no way he can leverage a bidding war ;-)

May 7, 2014 at 8:26 pm Quote #35786

mrmojohalen
(6389)

Any seller wanting that much money is delusional.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.