2012 tour DVDs

This topic has 18 voices, contains 38 replies, and was last updated by  mdk7691 4424 days ago.

February 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm Quote #4551

Gilligan
(1518)

I don’t know what you’ve arranged already, but I’d be happy to make some copies and pass them along. Thanks for putting this together!

February 13, 2012 at 7:08 pm Quote #4577

sickstring
(78)

Awesome news!!! Thanks for the effort in putting them together. If anyone is interested in a trade, I’d be willing to trade multiple titles for any upcoming VH DVDs. I’m quite familiar with the work of the usuals on this forum and it’s always impressive. I’m willing to do whatever deems me worthy of getting my hands on any of the things you guys are working on. Please get in touch with me if anyone’s interested in trading…or letting me know what I can do to help in the forum to earn my keep! Thanks guys!

February 14, 2012 at 8:13 am Quote #4606

fletch
(657)

I don’t have the time to upload to web sites or create trade tree’s anymore. However, I will crunch a few copies for people and send them out. Those people can create the tree’s and upload to where ever they want to.

Why settle for a can? When you can drink straight from the bottle….
By the Bottle….
BTB Productions

February 14, 2012 at 9:07 am Quote #4611

sickstring
(78)

Let me know what I can do to help Fletch.

February 14, 2012 at 9:23 am Quote #4612

King Edward
(1945)

Hey Fletch, always willing to run a tree or help out where I can if you need me. Just say the word.

Thanks for putting the time in for all of us…..really appreciate it.

February 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm Quote #4665

mdk7691
(317)

Sorry for double post!

Just finished my own title/version: Van Halen FULL Cafe Wha? Show multi cam & ADKOT 2012 Media DVD teaser

February 14, 2012 at 9:28 pm Quote #4669

mdk7691
(317)

Just finished my own title/version: Van Halen FULL Cafe Wha? Show multi cam & ADKOT 2012 Media DVD teaser!

…Will hook up ANYONE who wants a copy! Please just send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, a blank single layer DVD disc in a hard plastic single disc jewel box and it’s yours!

I’d love to tree this or upload but just don’t have the time or patience. Feel free to tree it when you get your copy. Also, only titles I’d like to have are: 1) 2008-02-01 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center and 2) Fletch’s BTB Version of the Cafe Wha? show.

Warf, Sarge, GreenEyedMurder, Jeff Hausman and several other Roth Army members who were at the gig should’ve ALREADY gotten their copies!

February 15, 2012 at 12:45 pm Quote #4720

fletch
(657)

lol, I stole your intro from youtube a few days ago and had no idea….that is some funny shit right there! loved your intro! nice job! I actually added the sound bite of eddie’s opening lick to the very beginning of the intro…it fit perfectly!

By the Bottle….
BTB Productions

February 15, 2012 at 7:36 pm Quote #4759

sickstring
(78)

I’ll be mailing out a blank to you in tomorrow’s mail!! Damn generous of you mdk7691…thanks for all the work putting it together and making it available to all of us here. VERY much appreciated. Woohooo!

February 15, 2012 at 7:40 pm Quote #4761

radikal
(3892)

mdk7691:
Just finished my own title/version: Van Halen FULL Cafe Wha? Show multi cam & ADKOT 2012 Media DVD teaser!

…Will hook up ANYONE who wants a copy! Please just send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, a blank single layer DVD disc in a hard plastic single disc jewel box and it’s yours!

Michael D Kelly2710 W Park PLDenver CO 80219-1627USA

I’d love to tree this or upload but just don’t have the time or patience. Feel free to tree it when you get your copy. Also, only titles I’d like to have are: 1) 2008-02-01 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center and 2) Fletch’s BTB Version of the Cafe Wha? show.

Warf, Sarge, GreenEyedMurder, Jeff Hausman and several other Roth Army members who were at the gig should’ve ALREADY gotten their copies!

Hey Buddy

You used Mac Imovie right??

February 15, 2012 at 7:58 pm Quote #4771

Blackmagic
(73)

mdk7691:

Warf, Sarge, GreenEyedMurder, Jeff Hausman and several other Roth Army members who were at the gig should’ve ALREADY gotten their copies!<iframe style="margin: 1em auto;" height="286" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nxoOuM_008Q&quot; frameBorder="0" width…

MDK<
I will send you out blanks on Friday.
Do you need more than 1 blank.
I mean I can send ya 2-3 Blanks to cover postage or some cash for postage.
Please let me know.

BM

February 16, 2012 at 1:40 am Quote #4794

mdk7691
(317)

What up, fellas?!

Thanks for all the compliments and accolades! :D

BM, send whatever you’d feel is appropriate, brother.

Fletch, you’ve been trading for a long time. Your comments were greatly appreciated!
Yeah, the preview was private when I first posted it because I wanted all the people at the show and ones who shot footage to get a copy first. Without them…well, ya know. It’s been great to exchange emails with everyone at RothArmy!
Steal whatever ya want from any DVD I do, bro. Right now (pun NOT intended) is a magical time to be a VH fan and the Cafe Wha? show was special and just had to be documented and archived. EVERY VH website was going NUTS the night of the show: vhnd, vhlinks, rotharmy, etc. It was insane but it was fucking tribal, as Dave would say. We ALL deserve to enjoy it. …Glad my sense of humor was evident in the teaser!

Rad, yup, iMovie. IMovie 6 HD specifically. I don’t like any of the new versions of it because of the lack of a timeline although I do have imovie09 too. You probably recognized the sound effects I used in the Stay Frosty sample! I bought my iMac in ’09 and have been trying to master it as much as possible hence my absence from the site for a while.
In fact, I’ve got several VH project in the works right now but they’re so time consuming I just work on ‘em when I can. Yes, I’ll post upon completion, of course.
I ‘d LOVE to start learning how to use Final Cut Pro but, DAMN, the learning curve would be tremendous without taking a class or something. Plus, how perfect can a “bootleg” video get right? The Cafe Wha? show was truly a bitch. Thanks “crazy Asian guy”! I worked on it for the whole month but decided to finally just let it go. I would’ve loved to have EQed the hell out of it in GarageBand but I haven’t even started to learn how to use it yet and I’ve had my iMac for 3 years now.

Any videos I do in the future will be available for everyone, trade or no trade, to do with as they wish (except sell, of course). The last time I did any serious trading a few years ago, SRC really hooked me up and it just makes sense to share and share alike. Youtube is youtube but to have a cohesive copy of a great show is much more fun to watch, edit, make, etc. Kudos to JasonA, Cato and everyone else for doing their very best to create a real fan-made historical archive of practically everything.

I’m ALWAYS interested in “upgrades” of older classic VH titles out there or hidden gems that finally see the light of day so keep me informed , boys!

Long live the Mighty Van Halen!

February 16, 2012 at 2:22 am Quote #4802

mdk7691
(317)

Can’t want to see your version, Fletch!

fletch:
lol, I stole your intro from youtube a few days ago and had no idea….that is some funny shit right there! loved your intro! nice job! I actually added the sound bite of eddie’s opening lick to the very beginning of the intro…it fit perfectly!

February 16, 2012 at 7:35 am Quote #4812

slimbrspickins
(337)

Any thoughts on treeing both of these versions together?

February 16, 2012 at 8:46 am Quote #4817

fletch
(657)

FINALLY!!!!

someone else that thinks the same way I do! The Cafe Wha? show was such a bitch to edit its not even funny. Trying to improve upon the audio so it matched all of the clips sucked. I think ICM is off with too much high end on my dvd, but whatever. I think its a pretty good package with your intro and my tweaking. I made panama a multi cam clip. I felt rushed for making ICM a multi cam clip, so I just said forget it….get it out there. I’ll probably go back and fix it later on. I use Vegas myself and have for 10 years. Its funny, everyone I talk to either uses vegas or FCP. I havent met anyone yet that uses both. Probably because each think the other is hard to learn. I look at software as -what is it ment to do? and how do I get there?…and just do it. We should chat as duplication efforts are a waste of time. I dont want to waste time….especially if your source material is better…

By the Bottle….
BTB Productions

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.