2012 tour DVDs

This topic has 18 voices, contains 38 replies, and was last updated by  mdk7691 4451 days ago.

February 16, 2012 at 8:49 am Quote #4819

fletch
(657)

one other note to add…I dont know how others feel about it, but I cut the caddy shack part off of my intro. Something about using copyright film footage in any project scares me and in some cases if torrented would be banned from trackers. If I’m going to spend 10 hours making a project….I dont want it banned anywhere! I want everyone to have it!!

Why settle for a can? When you can drink straight from the bottle….
By the Bottle….
BTB Productions

February 16, 2012 at 9:19 am Quote #4826

JasonA
(1105)

Nobody uses both because they’re on different platforms. Vegas is Windows-only, FCP is Mac-only. Either of these is great for multicam though. I don’t see how anybody could edit anything multicam in iMovie, if they want it to be in sync.

February 16, 2012 at 9:42 am Quote #4829

src
(1646)

It’s been a long wait, but we have new a Van Halen album and some DVD footage. Life is great. You did a great job. I will send out a DVD. Thanks.

February 16, 2012 at 10:44 am Quote #4834

jabbo5150
(337)

Looking forward to this. Will get a DVD out soon. Thanks for all the hard work everyone

February 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm Quote #4853

mdk7691
(317)

Please feel free to do so if and when you’ve got them. I honestly don’t have the time myself.

slimbrspickins:
Any thoughts on treeing both of these versions together?

February 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm Quote #4854

mdk7691
(317)

Yeah, I only added it to the preview teaser and not the DVD. …Same thing with Young Frankenstein. They have nothing to do with VH but the night of the Cafe Wha? show everyone on the boards at RothArmy, vhLinks, etc. were waiting with bated breath to see if the show was going to be streamed live because Cafe Wha? has a webcam. Someone at Roth Army posted the Caddyshack clip while we were all waiting for SOMETHING to happen – LOL! I just thought it epitomized the wait for a VH album with Roth, which I thought would NEVER happen, in addition to the wait for a new VH album in general, whatever form that might’ve taken.

fletch:
one other note to add…I dont know how others feel about it, but I cut the caddy shack part off of my intro. Something about using copyright film footage in any project scares me and in some cases if torrented would be banned from trackers. If I’m going to spend 10 hours making a project….I dont want it banned anywhere! I want everyone to have it!!

February 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm Quote #4856

mdk7691
(317)

Hey, Jas! Hope you’re doing well, bro!
iMovie 6 HD has a function – “Paste over at playclip” – that I’ve used with an amount of success. Otherwise, you have to extract the audio from your main clip and just butt the two edits together without the transition being noticeable or distracting – easier said than done. It’s all trial and error with time and patience.

JasonA:
Nobody uses both because they’re on different platforms. Vegas is Windows-only, FCP is Mac-only. Either of these is great for multicam though. I don’t see how anybody could edit anything multicam in iMovie, if they want it to be in sync.

February 16, 2012 at 4:39 pm Quote #4857

mdk7691
(317)

Amen!

src:
It’s been a long wait, but we have new a Van Halen album and some DVD footage.Life is great. You did a great job. I will send out a DVD. Thanks.

February 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm Quote #4859

mdk7691
(317)

I’ll send ya a PM with my number – best way to reach me.
The main problem with editing the Cafe Wha? footage I had was multiple camera sources, different audio quality, different aspect ratios, just missing footage in general and the fucking Asian cat. Ironically, he shot the best footage! A good portion of my version includes photos from the show in the form of a slideshow in lieu of missing footage.
I even reached out to Jim Florentine who taped the whole show (audio) and pod casted 5 songs but never got any reply emails from him.

THE ICM version I did was mostly Jeff Hausman’s footage and someone else’s for the second half. Jeff said his camera battery died before he could shoot the whole song! I used Florentine’s audio AND included footage from another source of Dave’s uncle Manny after he introduced him, which was the icing on the cake. …Got me a little misty-eyed, I must say!

fletch:
FINALLY!!!!

someone else that thinks the same way I do! The Cafe Wha? show was such a bitch to edit its not even funny. Trying to improve upon the audio so it matched all of the clips sucked. I think ICM is off with too much high end on my dvd, but whatever. I think its a pretty good package with your intro and my tweaking. I made panama a multi cam clip. I felt rushed for making ICM a multi cam clip, so I just said forget it….get it out there. I’ll probably go back and fix it later on. I use Vegas myself and have for 10 years. Its funny, everyone I talk to either uses vegas or FCP. I havent met anyone yet that uses both. Probably because each think the other is hard to learn. I look at software as -what is it ment to do? and how do I get there?…and just do it. We should chat as duplication efforts are a waste of time. I dont want to waste time….especially if your source material is better…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.