2015-08-05 Western Fair District, London, ON

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-05 Western Fair District, London, ON

This topic has 14 voices, contains 55 replies, and was last updated by  King Edward 3147 days ago.

August 4, 2015 at 7:53 pm Quote #48055

ron
(11464)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156330743060131

Completely random meeting with my son Ronan. The Rock Gods rained downed on us today when we met and chatted with Eddie Van Halen. I was just picking my wife up from work and decided to go shopping for a hat. First time in years I broke the routine and this happened! He helped with my phone which said storage full no photos and was kind, gracious and patient. I got to thank him for the great music and told him he was the greatest guitarist to have ever lived. I felt like a 12 year old kid. My heart is still racing.

August 4, 2015 at 8:38 pm Quote #48060

floydrose5150
(152)

Apparently Ed is driving around in a rented Hyundai. Brilliant, totally low key, no one would ever think it’s him. true story too! Several people spotting him in this car.

August 4, 2015 at 9:43 pm Quote #48067

guitard
(7354)

floydrose5150: Apparently Ed is driving around in a rented Hyundai. Brilliant, totally low key, no one would ever think it’s him. true story too! Several people spotting him in this car.

Well hey Mr. Photographer – a picture is worth a thousand words! Where’s a pic of this car?? :mrgreen:

August 4, 2015 at 10:50 pm Quote #48071

PT5150
(6280)

Awesome stuff..
My mate Craig who has been on here has flown over for this gig & the Molson show.

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 4, 2015 at 10:55 pm Quote #48072

floydrose5150
(152)

I’m not in London right now. I’be there tomorrow just after noon. Just quoting from a buddy that relayed the info to me. Reliable though.

guitard: Well hey Mr. Photographer – a picture is worth a thousand words!Where’s a pic of this car?? :mrgreen:

August 5, 2015 at 8:16 am Quote #48089

floydrose5150
(152)

Slight conflict today. Just got an email saying 2 of us from the same company are on the list to shoot the show. Only 1 allowed. ( I was the last person with approved credentials). My head office people are working with Live Nation right now to get me accredited with passes for my own media business. Fingers crossed. Not a good way to start show day. I need all the Van Halen Gods above and all you guys to pray for me lol!!

August 5, 2015 at 8:57 am Quote #48090

ron
(11464)

August 5, 2015 at 9:13 am Quote #48092

sickman
(2380)

floydrose5150: Slight conflict today. Just got an email saying 2 of us from the same company are on the list to shoot the show. Only 1 allowed. ( I was the last person with approved credentials). My head office people are working with Live Nation right now to get me accredited with passes for my own media business. Fingers crossed. Not a good way to start show day. I need all the Van Halen Gods above and all you guys to pray for me lol!!

Oh man, anxiety levels must be running high. Praying to the VH gods right now for you. Good Luck.

August 5, 2015 at 9:41 am Quote #48093

floydrose5150
(152)

sickman: Oh man, anxiety levels must be running high. Praying to the VH gods right now for you. Good Luck.

As I was just messaging to buddy a moment ago, Live Nation (in this case) only allows credentials for one photographer from each agency to shoot the show. It appeared that I was the 2nd photog approved. It’s been confirmed that I was first, so that’s very reassuring. Just me being a worry wart, but it’s looking much closer now to “game on!”

August 5, 2015 at 2:15 pm Quote #48101

tommyv
(351)

I rolled into town yesterday afternoon and found myself a seat at the Ale House. All of a sudden, I spotted Eddie and Janie across the street.
Janie was good enough to snap this for me…

August 5, 2015 at 2:19 pm Quote #48102

ron
(11464)

tommyv: I rolled into town yesterday afternoon and found myself a seat at the Ale House. All of a sudden, I spotted Eddie and Janie across the street.

Janie was good enough to snap this for me…

Very cool !~

August 5, 2015 at 2:21 pm Quote #48104

tommyv
(351)

Thanks for fixing that!

August 5, 2015 at 2:55 pm Quote #48110

PT5150
(6280)

That’s cool a few people meeting Ed..
Phone reception must be bad there my buddy is there & I can’t get messages to him. At the venue..

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 5, 2015 at 3:09 pm Quote #48115

guitard
(7354)

If anyone else meets Ed –

After getting up from bowing down and saying “I’m not worthy” – priority number one is to tell him that the venues are shutting down people trying to shoot video at the shows. Ask him to please get the word out to the venues that Van Halen allows its fans to shoot video. Just as important – tell Janie the same thing. She’s the one who would probably be most proactive in getting that taken care of.

August 5, 2015 at 3:55 pm Quote #48117

PT5150
(6280)

Got contact with my buddy Craig who is there. He is inside at the main entrance where the buses are. He spoke to security. VH are arriving now. He got some photos of their bus that they came in on & saw Janie getting off. He has sound check in 30 minutes. I’ll post bus photos later today when I’m home.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.