2015-08-07 Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-07 Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

This topic has 16 voices, contains 42 replies, and was last updated by  floydrose5150 2581 days ago.

August 9, 2015 at 12:17 am Quote #48272

guitard
(7354)

videoman320: How many critics have to rip this guy before you guys admit Dave vocally sucks and is an embarrassment to the band and the brand that is Van Halen. I cannot believe how his fans can say his vocals are good. We all want to be able to continue to see and enjoy this band but come on if this was another singer in another band they would be ripped here worse than the critics are ripping Dave.

It’s a lot like the ol’ saying, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” Some guys like short, fat chicks who other guys wouldn’t touch.

But just so you can sleep better at night, I’ll admit that Dave’s vocals aren’t what they used to. But I personally don’t give a fuck. I like Van Halen just as much now with Dave’s diminished vocal skills as I did when I first saw them live back in 1979. His singing doesn’t bother me in the least. Like a lot of things in life, it really comes down to making a choice – you can choose to let it bother you or you can choose not to let it bother you. I choose not to let it bother me.

August 9, 2015 at 12:24 am Quote #48273

Halenberg
(406)

videoman320: ….if this was another singer in another band they would be ripped here worse than the critics are ripping Dave.

All DLR has to do is walk out onstage……and he immediately has most of the audience in the palm of his hand…….

Reason being……his legend precedes him……like Elvis and James Brown….whom both neither performed or sounded anywhere near as good as in their heyday towards the end of their carreers.

Nobody in the audience cared……they’re seeing Elvis or James Brown LIVE……the fans know who they are and what they’ve done.

James Brown hardly ever even sang at all on his last decade of touring. He let the band carry the show. All he needed to do was be there…..sing a few words….move around and smile….the fans went nuts. Same goes for Elvis…..he could barely breath being so out of shape…..sweating his face off….but the hype of seeing him live is what made the fans happy.

Same thing goes for DLR nowadays.

If he wasn’t in VH…..he’d just be doing the same thing for a smaller size audience. Legends never die.

photo IMG_20150808_134626.jpg

August 9, 2015 at 2:24 am Quote #48281

Gilligan
(1518)

I don’t know. I’ll go back and watch something like this:

and then watch this tour, and I feel like he’s just the same or maybe better. Dave has always been a wildcard and no matter what some critic says, I think he’s still the best. There’s no way I’m going to let a critic dictate my opinion on a band or play or anything. I know what I like and I like DLR fronting Van Halen.

August 9, 2015 at 3:03 am Quote #48283

mcs5150
(1096)

videoman320: How many critics have to rip this guy before you guys admit Dave vocally sucks and is an embarrassment to the band and the brand that is Van Halen. I cannot believe how his fans can say his vocals are good. We all want to be able to continue to see and enjoy this band but come on if this was another singer in another band they would be ripped here worse than the critics are ripping Dave.

Or could it be the case that some of us accept Dave for what he is and simply enjoy the fact that it is pretty damn great that VH is still touring at all?

August 9, 2015 at 6:23 am Quote #48287

PT5150
(6281)

floydrose5150: Here you go guys! Shots from in front of the barrier. Warning. Almost all Edward!

http://design39media.com/van-halen-live-at-molson-amphitheatre-toronto/

Awesome pics bud thanks for sharing.. :wink:

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 9, 2015 at 6:31 am Quote #48288

PT5150
(6281)

ATBL

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 9, 2015 at 6:31 am Quote #48289

PT5150
(6281)

Ed’s solo.

August 9, 2015 at 9:06 am Quote #48291

ron
(11504)

Val Halen at the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
Iconic American rock group Van Halen bring their North American tour to the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre in Toronto.

PHOTOS: http://www.liveinlimbo.com/2015/08/08/concert-reviews/van-halen-at-molson-canadian-amphitheatre.html

August 9, 2015 at 9:51 am Quote #48292

Halenberg
(406)

All the photography looks the same to me I can’t tell one show or photographer from the next.

I haven’t found one single shot worth saving on the whole tour.

Any bozo can point their camera at Eddie while he’s soloing.

Where’s the pics of Eddie running across the stage during Little Guitars.

This might sound harsh but I’m extremely disappointed with the photographers so far I think they lack imagination and instinct. Not one single iconic shot at all I haven’t seen yet.

August 9, 2015 at 10:16 am Quote #48295

JasonA
(1105)

To be fair, most of the pro photographers are only allowed to shoot for the first three songs, then they’re out. It’s not easy to get that iconic shot when you only have 15 minutes or so to do it.

August 9, 2015 at 10:46 am Quote #48296

guitard
(7354)

Halenberg – I assume you’ve shot your fair share of iconic shots?

August 9, 2015 at 11:41 am Quote #48297

Halenberg
(406)

JasonA: To be fair, most of the pro photographers are only allowed to shoot for the first three songs, then they’re out. It’s not easy to get that iconic shot when you only have 15 minutes or so to do it.

guitard: Halenberg – I assume you’ve shot your fair share of iconic shots?

You’re right you got me there….put up or shut up.

but just look at that blurry pic above of DLR smiling holding the bra……that pic was taken by the chick who threw the bra up there to him……

I personally find that to be a far more intriguing snapshot captured a moment in time simply because something different is happening. As opposed to the countless generic shots of Eddie that have been posted lately.

I like this one.

photo IMG_20150809_081626.jpg

August 9, 2015 at 4:15 pm Quote #48300

Gilligan
(1518)

I never knew the photographers only had a few minutes to get their shots – is this common practice for most venues/bands? I always assumed they were up there for the whole show. Anyway, that must explain why most of the pictures look fairly similar (I’ve noticed that too). Combine the short timeframe with the same stage, same equipment and same outfits, it’s going to be very difficult to get an iconic shot.
Iconic is my word of the week. It’s use is iconic without being ironic. 8)

August 9, 2015 at 4:16 pm Quote #48301

Gilligan
(1518)

Oops, quoted myself on accident…. carry on.

August 9, 2015 at 5:50 pm Quote #48306

guitard
(7354)

Gilligan: I never knew the photographers only had a few minutes to get their shots – is this common practice for most venues/bands?

First three songs only is very standard. Been that way for as long as I can remember.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.