2015-08-07 Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-07 Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

This topic has 16 voices, contains 42 replies, and was last updated by  floydrose5150 2582 days ago.

August 9, 2015 at 6:13 pm Quote #48307

JasonA
(1105)

At least this time around, they’re letting the photogs shoot from the front of the stage. I remember back in 2007-08, they made everybody stay back by the soundboard to shoot, more than halfway across the room.

August 9, 2015 at 6:13 pm Quote #48308

jroundy
(1418)

videoman320: How many critics have to rip this guy before you guys admit Dave vocally sucks and is an embarrassment to the band and the brand that is Van Halen. I cannot believe how his fans can say his vocals are good. We all want to be able to continue to see and enjoy this band but come on if this was another singer in another band they would be ripped here worse than the critics are ripping Dave.

I listen with my ears, and not my eyes… what I hear takes priority over what I see. Visually, Dave isn’t difficult to watch… he is sometimes goofy, but most often entertaining.

But his voice is like nails across a chalkboard, a good 20% of the time, and it totally ruins the music for me.

I could care less if he sings the right lyrics…. it’s his vocal tone, and ability to sing the right notes.

It would be like Ed playing through shitty amps, with an out of tune guitar, and hitting the wrong notes.

If Dave was a replacement singer…. everyone would hate him, and say he is the worst tribute band singer out there.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

August 9, 2015 at 7:51 pm Quote #48311

guitard
(7354)

jroundy:But his voice is like nails across a chalkboard, a good 20% of the time, and it totally ruins the music for me.

You know, if you would put this in your signature block, it would save you from having to post it so often. You could just post “SSB” (see signature block). And the upside would be, even on one of those rare occasions when you post something that isn’t slagging on DLR, you still get to slag on him because it’s in your signature block. So instead of only 75% of the time – you’d be slagging on him 100% of the time!

Think about it.

August 9, 2015 at 9:10 pm Quote #48312

Dave
(2283)

guitard: You know, if you would put this in your signature block, it would save you from having to post it so often. You could just post “SSB” (see signature block). And the upside would be, even on one of those rare occasions when you post something that isn’t slagging on DLR, you still get to slag on him because it’s in your signature block. So instead of only 75% of the time – you’d be slagging on him 100% of the time!

Think about it.

I nominate this for post of the year. Thanks for making me laugh, Randy.

Stay Frosty

August 10, 2015 at 8:46 am Quote #48325

floydrose5150
(152)

Very welcome!

PT5150: Awesome pics bud thanks for sharing.. :wink:

August 10, 2015 at 8:48 am Quote #48326

floydrose5150
(152)

The photogs only get 1st 3 songs, and they go by quick trust me. It felt like 30 seconds, although it was 15 minutes. True though front of stage was incredible to shoot from. In 15 minutes I blasted off probably 400 photos from 2 cameras.

JasonA: At least this time around, they’re letting the photogs shoot from the front of the stage. I remember back in 2007-08, they made everybody stay back by the soundboard to shoot, more than halfway across the room.

August 10, 2015 at 9:52 pm Quote #48346

mrmojohalen
(6389)

jroundy: I listen with my ears, and not my eyes… what I hear takes priority over what I see.Visually, Dave isn’t difficult to watch… he is sometimes goofy, but most often entertaining.

But his voice is like nails across a chalkboard, a good 20% of the time, and it totally ruins the music for me.

I could care less if he sings the right lyrics…. it’s his vocal tone, and ability to sing the right notes.

It would be like Ed playing through shitty amps, with an out of tune guitar, and hitting the wrong notes.

If Dave was a replacement singer…. everyone would hate him, and say he is the worst tribute band singer out there.

It is what it is. There are other bands that you could listen to instead.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

August 12, 2015 at 2:52 pm Quote #48395

jroundy
(1418)

mrmojohalen: It is what it is. There are other bands that you could listen to instead.

This is my favorite all-time band…. has been since 1981.

I know it is what it is…. It just bothers me that some say Dave is singing better than ever. You would have to be delusional to believe that.

I prefer honesty.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

August 12, 2015 at 2:57 pm Quote #48396

jroundy
(1418)

guitard: You know, if you would put this in your signature block, it would save you from having to post it so often.You could just post “SSB” (see signature block).And the upside would be, even on one of those rare occasions when you post something that isn’t slagging on DLR, you still get to slag on him because it’s in your signature block.So instead of only 75% of the time – you’d be slagging on him 100% of the time!

Think about it.

I am not slagging on Dave… just being honest about reality. Dave is my all-time favorite singer…. he has just become difficult to listen to.

So no need to change my signature block.

August 12, 2015 at 7:22 pm Quote #48399

ks34vh
(2126)

Very entertaining here, thanks VH and thanks guys for the posts, haha

Laughing at the Days Garbage Through Loud Volume, This is “Laughing At Reality”..

VHT Member since 2001

August 17, 2015 at 8:54 pm Quote #48503

steelpowers
(4)

This was a great concert! Does anyone know if it was recorded there is only a YouTube audio compilation of it I have found on Guitars101.com but no actual recording yet. Some great vids on YouTube though cheers!

March 29, 2017 at 9:39 am Quote #56243

ron
(11508)
March 30, 2017 at 9:37 am Quote #56245

floydrose5150
(152)

ron: http://www.facebook.com/eb5150/posts/10154255630356861

Thanks for posting buddy! These were B shots of mine that I did not flag as my A choice pics. Looking back a year and a half later I decided some were A choices, and figured the public needed to see them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.