2015-08-11 Xfinity Center, Hartford, CT

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-11 Xfinity Center, Hartford, CT

This topic has 13 voices, contains 59 replies, and was last updated by  jorge 3129 days ago.

August 11, 2015 at 9:02 am Quote #48358

vhrob
(1727)

thanks Pete…….

with all the personal crap I have going on now its going to be nice to get away and have some fun….

vhtrading member since 2000

August 11, 2015 at 9:08 am Quote #48359

sickman
(2380)

I’ll be leaving my house around 6 to head to the show. It’s too bad it’s supposed to rain so much. It would have been great to tailgate for a while but we’ll just get there a bit later and head right in. I’ll catch up with you inside Rob. Can’t wait to hear about soundcheck.

August 11, 2015 at 11:05 am Quote #48360

vhrob
(1727)

sounds good brotha…. I will be there about 4pm or so for my parking slip and then I’ll get squared away with my VIP crap I guess and we can hook up from there and maybe have a few brews before the show…..

Rob

August 11, 2015 at 9:05 pm Quote #48364

floydrose5150
(152)

Just saw your photo on Facebook. That’s great seats man. Enjoy the show, I know you and the family will. Cheers!

sickman: I was just able to upgrade my tix from section 600 row bbb, all the way in the back, to section 100 row G in front of Eddie. I can’t wait for this show. I know VHRob will be there with his son doing the front row VIP. I am bringing my 2 sons 14&17 and my daughter 8 along with my wife. I’m still not sure whether or not to tell my kids about the upgraded seats before the show or just surprise them with it when we walk into the venue.

August 12, 2015 at 1:04 am Quote #48365

sickman
(2380)

Family picture before the show.
 photo Family shot_zpsg8u0tzne.jpg

photo DSC02437_zpsie3kbn4t.jpg

photo DSC02382_zpsupfk3mdg.jpg

August 12, 2015 at 1:11 am Quote #48366

sickman
(2380)

A few more
 photo DSC02517_zpsuhkfurne.jpg

photo DSC02514_zpsw8qmojs5.jpg

photo DSC02492_zps8ztluwo0.jpg

photo DSC02463_zpstsbo4xef.jpg

August 12, 2015 at 1:57 am Quote #48367

sickman
(2380)

floydrose5150: Just saw your photo on Facebook. That’s great seats man. Enjoy the show, I know you and the family will. Cheers!

Yes, we had great seats. My kids were psyched. I didn’t tell them about the seat upgrades until we walked down the isle towards the stage. It was so great watching my youngest son singing the words to every song and pumping his fist in the air and my oldest son was air guitaring and singing too. Smiles ear to ear all night. My daughter had a great time too. She was a trooper throughout the show. She was smiling, singing the songs she knew and flashin the devil horns. It was awesome.

photo DSC02434_zps2vzwsz4v.jpg

What can I say about the show that hasn’t already been said. It was awesome. If you are a fan GO. These guys are putting on one hell of a show for everybody and not just going through the motions. Dave is putting a lot of effort in to these shows and actually singing the lyrics but to the point that only Diamond Dave can. The man is a showman, the ring leader there to entertain and that he did. Eddie is playing great and Wolf and Al are keeping things rolling.

I did shoot some video, Beautiful Girls, Dirty Movies, Drop Dead Legs, I’ll Wait, IASR, Jump, Light Up The Sky, Little Guitars, Romeo Delight, Unchained, YRGM and Eddies solo. I’ll post them in the coming days to youtube.

I did get to meet up with Rob but only for a few minutes at the end of KWS set. Good to see you again Rob.

August 12, 2015 at 2:07 am Quote #48368

sickman
(2380)

August 12, 2015 at 2:08 am Quote #48370

PT5150
(6280)

Cool stuff Brian sounds like a great night…What row were you from the stage?
Photo’s awesome quality as usual..
Did the rain hold off?
Lot better show than 2012 looks like Dave putting in a lot more with signing and mixing his talks up every night..
Your guys buy much merch?

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 12, 2015 at 2:16 am Quote #48371

sickman
(2380)

PT5150: Cool stuff Brian sounds like a great night…What row were you from the stage? Photo’s awesome quality as usual.. Did the rain hold off? Lot better show than 2012 looks like Dave putting in a lot more with signing and mixing his talks up every night.. Your guys buy much merch?

Thanks Pete, It rained quite a bit during KWS from what I could tell. I went out to the concession stands to talk to Rob and people were soaked.
We were in the 7th row.
Yes, I got the shirt with ther motorcycle, my 2 sons got the one with the car and the hula girl. My daughter opted for the keychain.

August 12, 2015 at 5:49 am Quote #48374

PT5150
(6280)

Love the start were Ed & Dave lock arms & spin around…..Does’nt look like they hate each other…
:wink:

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 12, 2015 at 7:09 am Quote #48376

mjk2112
(335)

sickman: https://youtu.be/rrOLjRMJMMo

love it!! thanks!

boldly going nowhere

August 12, 2015 at 8:20 am Quote #48381

vhrob
(1727)

wow what a night!!! I am freakin exhausted… got home at 2am and am sitting at my desk at work now with a massive headace and tired as hell. This day cant end quick enough so I can go sleeeeeeep… lol

all I can say is the show was totally sick…. Edward was spot on and his playing was second to none. Just as tight as he was on the Balance tour I thought and hearing DDL, LUTS, DM and IASR were so freakin cool. The soundcheck was nice too. Got to talk with Ed real quick and asked him how he was feeling and he said, “feeling great..”

got to meet up with Brian (Sickman) for a few (sorry I couldnt stay and chat bro I had to get to the restroom and quick… lol :) )

what a great night and I did get some video and a few pics, nothing like what these are but I hope this show was shot as I would love to see this one in our collection. They were amazing. Glad it turned out to be one of the better ones.

Rob

August 12, 2015 at 9:41 am Quote #48382

sickman
(2380)

IASR

Jump

Guitar solo with YRGM

Beautiful Girls

DDL

I’ll Wait

Unchained

Little Guitars

Dirty Movies

Romeo Delight

August 12, 2015 at 9:56 am Quote #48389

guitard
(7354)

sickman: Yes, we had great seats. My kids were psyched. I didn’t tell them about the seat upgrades until we walked down the isle towards the stage.

You basically followed my advice ~ I thought that would work out well, and it sounds like it did!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.