2015-08-29 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-29 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

This topic has 22 voices, contains 61 replies, and was last updated by  jroundy 3143 days ago.

August 31, 2015 at 2:56 pm Quote #48933

zr1fevr
(155)

In spite of the sore knees, stiff back and splitting headache from dehydration – it was a great experience.

I know exactly how you feel! When you try to seriously film a show for 2 hours straight, it is totally draining! I try to keep 2 hands on the cam all the time in order to stay as still as possible, & by shows end, it’s crazy how worn out you feel.Thanks for filming, all of us appreciate it!

August 31, 2015 at 9:41 pm Quote #48944

jroundy
(1418)

Love the Ed cam…. thanks for filming.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

August 31, 2015 at 11:10 pm Quote #48949

mcs5150
(1096)

guitard: I was so focused on filming, that I really can’t tell you much about the show.I can tell you that Ed looked like he had a great time, but that’s about it.If there were empty seats in the pavilion, I didn’t see them.But I was 6th row.It looked packed to me though, with maybe room for a few more out on the lawn.

As always thank you for all of your efforts. However, why do you film when you cannot enjoy the show?

August 31, 2015 at 11:22 pm Quote #48950

guitard
(7354)

If I didn’t film, I’d be kicking myself in the ass for weeks for passing up the opportunity. I film shows in somewhat of a unique style by focusing on what I enjoy most (guitar playing), thus I usually get plenty of enjoyment watching the shows I film, so it all works out in the end for me.

September 1, 2015 at 3:02 am Quote #48953

mcs5150
(1096)

guitard: If I didn’t film, I’d be kicking myself in the ass for weeks for passing up the opportunity.I film shows in somewhat of a unique style by focusing on what I enjoy most (guitar playing), thus I usually get plenty of enjoyment watching the shows I film, so it all works out in the end for me.

I see.

September 1, 2015 at 9:39 pm Quote #48970

kubacheck
(11)

guitard: If I didn’t film, I’d be kicking myself in the ass for weeks for passing up the opportunity………

that’s how I feel when I’m wavering on whether to do audio at a show I’m thinking I’d rather just be free to rock out…… always end up taping so I can enjoy it later….

September 2, 2015 at 8:57 pm Quote #49007

jroundy
(1418)

guitard: If I didn’t film, I’d be kicking myself in the ass for weeks for passing up the opportunity.I film shows in somewhat of a unique style by focusing on what I enjoy most (guitar playing), thus I usually get plenty of enjoyment watching the shows I film, so it all works out in the end for me.

So glad you feel the need…. I couldn’t do it if I wanted to.

The poor folks play for keeps down here…They’re the living dead. Nobody rules these streets at night like Van Halen!!

September 3, 2015 at 12:38 am Quote #49008

guitard
(7354)

I contacted this person and he’s going to send me his angle – he shot the entire show in HD.

September 3, 2015 at 3:49 am Quote #49011

Gilligan
(1518)

Did you happen to film any Flying Eddie closeups? Those are always fun and I know he’s done a few on this tour.

September 3, 2015 at 7:34 am Quote #49016

guitard
(7354)

I don’t know if I caught any Flying Eddies – but I did catch something on film that I think is pretty unique: Ed scrunching his nuts. And it wasn’t just a casual one-and-done. He grabbed them babies multiple times. It was while the spotlight was on Dave and Ed must have thought the coast was clear for a package adjustment.

September 3, 2015 at 3:12 pm Quote #49044

King Edward
(1945)

He also blew his nose a few times between a couple of songs. Did you catch any snot rag shots?

September 3, 2015 at 3:19 pm Quote #49045

VOODOO
(2374)

King Edward: He also blew his nose a few times between a couple of songs. Did you catch any snot rag shots?

I loved the 2012 show where he did that and the spotlight guy went right to him as he was blowing his nose and Ed looked up at him like, “Thanks, Dickhead!” and gave him a sarcastic thumbs up. I think it may have been one of the MSG shows.

September 3, 2015 at 4:33 pm Quote #49046

guitard
(7354)

King Edward: He also blew his nose a few times between a couple of songs. Did you catch any snot rag shots?

I filmed Ed exclusively for the whole show – so if he did it – it’s in the video.

September 3, 2015 at 8:39 pm Quote #49052

VAiN
(2777)

guitard: I filmed Ed exclusively for the whole show – so if he did it – it’s in the video.

Sounds like this is going to be a killer DVD! I’d like to offer my design services if artwork is needed…

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

September 3, 2015 at 9:19 pm Quote #49055

jroundy
(1418)

guitard: I filmed Ed exclusively for the whole show – so if he did it – it’s in the video.

I am sure this will be my favorite of 2015. I always spend most of the time watching Ed…. so this should be perfect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.