Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

TopicsAll ForumsGeneralThe Corner PubRock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

This topic has 18 voices, contains 51 replies, and was last updated by  ron 48 days ago.

October 9, 2014 at 7:23 pm Quote #39413

mrmojohalen
(6378)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/vote-for-the-2015-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductees-20141009
As Rolling Stone first reported, nominees for the Hall’s next class include
Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, N.W.A, the Smiths, Lou Reed, Sting, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band,
Kraftwerk, Chic, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, the Marvelettes, the Spinners, Stevie Ray Vaughan, War and Bill Withers.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

December 16, 2014 at 8:18 am Quote #40917

ron
(11464)

Inductees in the “performer category”
Green Day
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Lou Reed
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
Bill Withers

Ringo Starr — receiving the Award for Musical Excellence
The “5″ Royales — receiving the Early Influence Award

December 16, 2014 at 8:26 am Quote #40920

radikal
(3892)

ron: Inductees in the “performer category” Green Day The Paul Butterfield Blues Band Joan Jett & the Blackhearts Lou Reed Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble Bill Withers

Ringo Starr — receiving the Award for Musical Excellence The “5″ Royales — receiving the Early Influence Award

Its freakin” Time they induct Stevie Ray Vaughn ….. Dont really get them sometimes with their choices…… Thx for posting :-)

December 16, 2014 at 9:21 am Quote #40921

videoman320
(308)

I would bet Deep Purple sold more records than all of them put together times two. Sad. Bill Withers, now there’s a real rock n roller. What a freakin jioke.

December 16, 2014 at 10:50 am Quote #40923

single-8
(222)

videoman320: I would bet Deep Purple sold more records than all of them put together times two.Sad. Bill Withers, now there’s a real rock n roller. What a freakin jioke.

you have a good point..
now which lineup gets in?
Rod Evans?
Ian Gillan?
David Coverdale?
Tommy Bolin?
I’d Nominate Rainbow,myself..
Dio?
Graham Bonnet?
on and on….need a big stage for that Induction

December 16, 2014 at 11:53 am Quote #40930

Dave
(2282)

radikal: Its freakin” Time they induct Stevie Ray Vaughn ….. :-)

Agreed and nice to see they inducted Double Trouble too.

Stay Frosty

December 16, 2014 at 3:11 pm Quote #40935

Gilligan
(1518)

ron: Inductees in the “performer category” Green Day The Paul Butterfield Blues Band Joan Jett & the Blackhearts Lou Reed Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble Bill Withers
Ringo Starr — receiving the Award for Musical Excellence The “5″ Royales — receiving the Early Influence Award

Will Lou Reed and Stevie Ray Vaughn be performing from the grave? I’d tune in to see that!

December 16, 2014 at 7:15 pm Quote #40952

mrmojohalen
(6378)

single-8: you have a good point.. now which lineup gets in? Rod Evans? Ian Gillan? David Coverdale? Tommy Bolin? I’d Nominate Rainbow,myself.. Dio? Graham Bonnet? on andon….need a big stage for that Induction

That’s more confusing than the KISS fiasco from this year. 8-O

December 16, 2014 at 8:16 pm Quote #40958

VAiN
(2777)

The only thing more confusing than green day is NWA…

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

December 17, 2015 at 10:29 am Quote #51353

ron
(11464)

2016 Inductees

Cheap Trick, Chicago, Deep Purple, N.W.A and Steve Miller.

December 17, 2015 at 2:42 pm Quote #51357

mikeyV
(335)

Yeah I’m curious on how they treat the Deep Purple Induction, after the Kiss fiasco. I always looked at Ian Gillian being the voice of Purple. Although Coverdale had a good ride with them. Don’t get me started on rap or hip hop in the ROCK N ROLL Hall of Fame. I think that NWA, as a rap group, should get recognition for its part in the infancy of that genre…………but not the rock n roll hall fame.

The Ultimate in Van Halen Vinyl

Proud Member Since the First Year– Both VHTrading and the Band

December 17, 2015 at 7:23 pm Quote #51363

mrmojohalen
(6378)

Hope Blackmore shows up.

December 18, 2015 at 2:29 am Quote #51371

sweden
(398)

If Deep Purple have any decency in them they should kindly and gracefully say thanks but no thanks to the Hall of Fame.
What a joke that thing is. Seriously, does anyone take them serious? How many bands and artists have been inducted over the years that
have absolutely nothing to do with Rock n Roll? Must be hundreds. Just ignore it!!
After all, them being inducted this year is probably just a reaction to all the bad press over here i Europe towards the Hall of Fame because they didn’t get inducted last year.
Many big bands also spoke out in the press about this.

Remember that last year one of the people behind this institution said that Deep Purple was just a one hit wonder. What a joke!

October 18, 2016 at 11:36 am Quote #54448

ron
(11464)

The full list of 2017 nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame include Pearl Jam, Jane’s Addiction, Bad Brains, The MC5, Journey, Yes, Tupac Shakur, Depeche Mode, Electric Light Orchestra, Janet Jackson, the Cars, the Zombies, Chaka Khan, Chic, J. Geils Band, Joan Baez, Joe Tex, Kraftwerk and Steppenwolf.

December 20, 2016 at 8:53 am Quote #55144

ron
(11464)

2017 Inductees:
Joan Baez
Pearl Jam
Tupac Shakur
Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)
Yes
Journey
Producer, songwriter and guitarist Nile Rodgers will receive the Award for Musical Excellence

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.