2015-09-04 DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-09-04 DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI

This topic has 14 voices, contains 68 replies, and was last updated by  mrmojohalen 3066 days ago.

September 14, 2015 at 2:58 pm Quote #49373

PT5150
(6280)

Well done on the 8000 posts Ron..

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

September 14, 2015 at 3:34 pm Quote #49378

guitard
(7354)

frankm: why wasn’t guitard there?

Normally I’d never miss a Michigan show, but I just couldn’t swing it this time … ugg. I did catch a show a few days before the Pine Knob show though, so I didn’t get shut out for the tour.

September 14, 2015 at 5:10 pm Quote #49384

Mink
(2663)

Thanks for the review Ron, sounds like a good time was had by all! :)

September 14, 2015 at 8:05 pm Quote #49391

mrmojohalen
(6378)

Ron – I’m glad you survived the show ! That was an insane long day that you had. I wondered about your seats – I saw you & Ron2 more toward the center of the 1st row before the show. You can see yourself in at least one of Steecoe’s You Tube vids. Glad that you liked DTE (Pine Knob). The humidity was insane.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

September 14, 2015 at 8:19 pm Quote #49393

ks34vh
(2126)

Some great stories and reviews here, thanks all…

Laughing at the Days Garbage Through Loud Volume, This is “Laughing At Reality”..

VHT Member since 2001

September 26, 2015 at 8:01 pm Quote #49795

guitard
(7354)

While Dave is rapping during the quite middle part of “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” he busts out some new lines I’ve never heard before.

He goes to the edge of the stage and looks at a lady in the audience and says, “I’m gonna make you feel like a pancake when the syrup hits.” He then does this little body wiggle/dance with his arm in the air kind of miming syrup hitting a pancake and says with a long drawn out ~~shhhhhhhhhhh~~ “Sugar.” He does the sugar part twice and then says, “Ewwwww ~ one kiss and you’re going to go into diabetic fuckin’ shock just like that baby!”

And then comes my favorite part of this little routine.

Dave then pulls open his vest to show his stomach, and says, “Fat free – and loaded with sugar!”

At that point, he steps back from the edge of the stage and looks at Ed who is cracking up. Dave points at Ed and says, “He hasn’t heard that one before. Look at the face. Look at the face!”

And then Dave breaks away from the rap routine by saying, “Is everyone having a good time tonight!?”

It was some truly classic DLR.

September 26, 2015 at 10:33 pm Quote #49797

mrmojohalen
(6378)

guitard: While Dave is rapping during the quite middle part of “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” he busts out some new lines I’ve never heard before.

He goes to the edge of the stage and looks at a lady in the audience and says, “I’m gonna make you feel like a pancake when the syrup hits.” He then does this little body wiggle/dance with his arm in the air kind of miming syrup hitting a pancake and says with a long drawn out ~~shhhhhhhhhhh~~ “Sugar.” He does the sugar part twice and then says, “Ewwwww ~ one kiss and you’re going to go into diabetic fuckin’ shock just like that baby!”

And then comes my favorite part of this little routine.

Dave then pulls open his vest to show his stomach, and says, “Fat free – and loaded with sugar!”

At that point, he steps back from the edge of the stage and looks at Ed who is cracking up. Dave points at Ed and says, “He hasn’t heard that one before. Look at the face. Look at the face!”

And then Dave breaks away from the rap routine by saying, “Is everyone having a good time tonight!?”

It was some truly classic DLR.

:mrgreen:

September 27, 2015 at 2:38 am Quote #49801

Gilligan
(1518)

Best thing about this tour for me. Dave’s swagger is back and he’s mixing it up a bit – it’s not the same routine every night. (I realize a lot of it is rehashed over several shows, but he’s NOT on autopilot with the schtick.)

November 5, 2015 at 6:51 pm Quote #50784

mrmojohalen
(6378)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.