2015 Taping Policy?

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015 Taping Policy?

This topic has 20 voices, contains 93 replies, and was last updated by  rockphantom 3114 days ago.

July 1, 2015 at 9:52 pm Quote #46419

rockphantom
(169)

I’m hoping that Van Halen will allow open taping this year.
I’m new to the the taping scene and would like to capture the Austin show on September 21st.
Has the band made an official statement regarding this privilege?

July 1, 2015 at 10:38 pm Quote #46420

sickman
(2380)

Not yet.

July 1, 2015 at 11:23 pm Quote #46421

ron
(11464)

In 2012, the taping policy was made known about 2 days before the first show.

July 2, 2015 at 2:19 am Quote #46424

omahaswine
(79)

I really wasn’t planning on going to a show on this tour after seeing the Jimmy Kimmel performance and the “disagreement” between Eddie and Michael Anthony/Sammy recently. However KC (Bonner Springs) isn’t too far for me. Too tough of a venue to do stealth video though. I’ve only done audio there. No video screens the last time I was there either. If they allow open taping, I suppose I can try it from the lawn.

When there is official word on video, can someone please post something? Thanks!

July 3, 2015 at 12:12 pm Quote #46454

Gilligan
(1518)

This was in the “info about your upcoming show” email I just received. Looks pretty generic, but they did address the issue, so I don’t know what to think…

“May I bring my camera?
Unfortunately, at the artist’s request, cameras are not allowed.”

July 3, 2015 at 1:35 pm Quote #46455

guitard
(7354)

Gilligan: This was in the “info about your upcoming show” email I just received. Looks pretty generic, but they did address the issue, so I don’t know what to think…
“May I bring my camera? Unfortunately, at the artist’s request, cameras are not allowed.”

I’m guessing that is standard venue management verbiage that’s the same for every show – and would only change if an artist (and/or its management) made a concerted effort to ensure that it was supposed to read differently. And let’s face it … when’s the last time any venue made an earnest effort to stop people from taking pictures?

July 3, 2015 at 1:59 pm Quote #46457

single-8
(222)

I talked to management at the SMC before hand and I was told No prob..cameras are OK..then when I got thru the door,they made me take the thing back to my car..so you never really know for sure…unless its a cameraphone….

July 3, 2015 at 2:17 pm Quote #46458

guitard
(7354)

single-8: I talked to management at the SMC before hand and I was told No prob..cameras are OK..then when I got thru the door,they made me take the thing back to my car..so you never really know for sure…unless its a cameraphone….

During the last tour, even at venues that advertised that video cameras were allowed, there were people working security who didn’t get the word and they would shut people down during the show. Obviously in cases like that, the venue didn’t do a good job of informing the security crew. But on top of that, it is so rare for an arena act to allow videotaping that security refused to believe people that were videotaping when they told security the venue’s website said it’s allowed.

July 6, 2015 at 10:46 am Quote #46549

rockphantom
(169)

Thank you for the feedback guys! As a new taper, I am working on improving my skills and have been taping Austin area tribute bands in order to gain live taping experience. I hope to be able to get a good capture of the Van Halen show at the Austin360 Amphitheater in September.

July 6, 2015 at 12:09 pm Quote #46561

omahaswine
(79)

Anyone know if they allowed recording devices opening night?

July 6, 2015 at 12:15 pm Quote #46562

mjk2112
(335)

i got my gear ready for Camden..! I just recorded RUSH R40 in Newark with this gear and it’s great! I have VIP for VH so i should get a great capture..!

boldly going nowhere

July 6, 2015 at 1:00 pm Quote #46563

frankm
(4888)

mjk2112: I just recorded RUSH R40 in Newark with this gear and it’s great!

Audio? Video? Complete? Has it been shared? Are you going to shared it?

July 6, 2015 at 1:08 pm Quote #46564

mjk2112
(335)

frankm: Audio? Video? Complete? Has it been shared? Are you going to shared it?

audio….yes it is being mastered and then will be released on dime and it’s complete.. there is complete video with my audio on the tube but it is not ready for primetime yet…

boldly going nowhere

July 6, 2015 at 1:09 pm Quote #46565

omahaswine
(79)

After seeing the opening night setlist, I went to ticketbastard to see how much tix were for KC. I thought for sure the seats would be sold out. To my surprise, not only were seats available, but they were the same price as the lawn. To get an idea of how many seats were sold, I put in a quantity of 5 and it put me in row M. That section goes up to row X, so if I go I should have a few empty rows in front of me allowing me to get elevated. I’ve always hated the KC venue but never tried to film there. If I can get some help for a cheap seat, Ill try it. So if you know anyone in KC that has an extra ticket and would like a copy of the show on video, send them my way.

Still awaiting official word on recording devices so I don’t have to do a stealth.

July 6, 2015 at 2:11 pm Quote #46568

VOODOO
(2374)

omahaswine:

Still awaiting official word on recording devices so I don’t have to do a stealth.

Based on last night, it seems they aren’t harassing anyone about filming. I know the entire show was shot from the front row with no problems.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.