2015 Taping Policy?

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015 Taping Policy?

This topic has 20 voices, contains 93 replies, and was last updated by  rockphantom 3115 days ago.

September 17, 2015 at 12:16 am Quote #49487

guitard
(7354)

There are so many factors that going into pulling a good tape. One very important one, of course, is location. Quite naturally, you would get a full dose of bass from the 4th row on Wolf’s side. If you were to use the cardiod mics, that would probably mitigate the bass. But you should be able to do the same with your omni mics if you get the settings on the pre-amp and the recorder dialed in right.

If you don’t already have an account at taperssection.com – go over there and sign up and ask about this in the “Ask The Tapers” section. You’ll get a lot of good advice there.

September 17, 2015 at 3:13 pm Quote #49503

steecoe
(1983)

If you are down in front of Wolff on this tour you prolly will be overloaded with bass if your equipment can’t handle it. The mix is not very good in front of the stage at these amphitheaters. On the 2012 tour the sound was AMAZING in front of the stage but they had PA monitors down there but not this tour

September 17, 2015 at 4:31 pm Quote #49506

sickman
(2380)

In front of Ed in Hartford the mix was very good. One thing I like about the mix in front of Wolf is the amount of bass. Being a bass player I love what he is doing with these songs and his bass isn’t muddled at all.

September 17, 2015 at 8:40 pm Quote #49520

rockphantom
(169)

Thank you for the advice everyone!

I have figured how to securely mount my CA-14 Cards to the arms of my glasses.
I was also able to disguise the mics simply by using the “dead rats” windscreens I have.
Luckily, the “dead rats” match my hair color closely.

I should be able to use my cards to tape VH.
However, I’ll take my CAFS omni mics along, just in case.

I plan to go seat hopping at the show and will try to get as close to the center of the floor as possible.
Taperssection is a Godsend!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.