2015 Tickets

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015 Tickets

This topic has 31 voices, contains 82 replies, and was last updated by  mcs5150 3259 days ago.

April 18, 2015 at 12:02 pm Quote #44844

kaloway
(2009)

Darien Lake is set up as a horrible experience for concerts. All the parking is pushed to a back area behind the amphitheater. When the concert ends the property does not allow you to exit through the main gates. You have to exit through a 1 lane exit onto a road that the lights are not synced to traffic. Literally 2-3 hours to leave the parking lot after a concert. the town just passed a law outlawing remote off property parking in the area as well.

April 18, 2015 at 12:32 pm Quote #44845

mrmojohalen
(6377)

It’s that time of the year when tickets for all the summer shows go on sale.

With ticket prices the way they are, you have to pick & choose who to go see.

This summer is one of the most active in years. Who do you go see ?

VH, The Rolling Stones, Rush, U2, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters, etc.

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

April 18, 2015 at 1:20 pm Quote #44846

Panamaniac
(207)

Gilligan: So this is a picture of the venue where I’m seeing VH.I’ll be “inside” I guess pretty close to the stage, but I don’t get how people on the lawn are supposed to see what’s happening.Do they just look through those big openings?It seems like if you were near the middle or back of the lawn you would be able to see all the way to the stage in the covered area. Anyone been to a place similar to this setup?I find the covered area to be a little bizarre.

Saw Motley Crue and Kiss a couple summers ago here; lawn is perfectly fine; reminds me of a smaller version of DTE Energy Music Theatre; you can see the stage from anywhere on the lawn

April 18, 2015 at 2:02 pm Quote #44847

Gilligan
(1518)

I wish I had that luxury! Out here we hardly get any shows so I usually try to go to all of them – even if I’m not a huge fan. I like the concert experience in general. Jack White was just here this week and he was really good live even though I only knew 3 or 4 songs. Up next is John Fogerty….

April 18, 2015 at 6:26 pm Quote #44850

steecoe
(1983)

Hard to believe anyone would not know what an amphitheater is. I’ve seen VH prolly 20 times in at least 5 or 10 different ones, they are pretty much all the same basic design. My favorites would be Deer Creek in Indiana & Blossom in Ohio. When I saw VH at Darien Lake in 1993 it was just a parking lot with a stage, not covered at all…Had to park in a drainage ditch….

Oh yeah, FUCK the lawn. Drunks pissing all over everywhere screaming into your mic and getting in your way…not a good way to enjoy a show…

April 18, 2015 at 7:22 pm Quote #44852

JasonA
(1104)

Dutchie: How the hell anybody can complain about the set lists of the last couple of tours is beyond me. They are playing ALL the fucking classics and a ton of shit they haven’t played since the early 80′s.

What do you want them to play???

How about more songs from ADKOT than the same 3 (Tattoo, She’s The Woman, China Town)? For starters, that would make me happy.

April 18, 2015 at 7:44 pm Quote #44853

zr1fevr
(155)

JasonA: How about more songs from ADKOT than the same 3 (Tattoo, She’s The Woman, China Town)? For starters, that would make me happy.

Exactly. More ADKOT songs would be great. You guys really want to hear the same classics again? I am a hard core fan, so I always go, multiple shows every tour. I have talked to many not as nuts as I am & I hear the same two complaints about the last 2 VH tours. They keep playing the same classic songs, & Dave's vocals. They have a large catalog of great songs, please lets hear a few more different songs.

April 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm Quote #44854

steecoe
(1983)

I really like that they were changing the set list a bit every night last time around…..however they could really shake it up more from night to night if they tried. They could easily do an hour of the same core songs and an hour of rotating songs. They could do more of the impromptu jamming/cover songs too. That shit gets my VH hardon kicking!

As long as they let me record I’ll be happy :mrgreen:

April 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm Quote #44855

PT5150
(6280)

JasonA: How about more songs from ADKOT than the same 3 (Tattoo, She’s The Woman, China Town)? For starters, that would make me happy.

The set list has been great but they should & I think they will change it from 2012-13.
I’m over.
DTNA
PRETTY WOMAN
& JUMP which I know they have to play..
Being a greatest hits tour not sure if they’ll include more from ADKOT.
Would love to hear..
DDL
CGTSNM
MWM
TOP JIMMY
DIRTY MOVIES
DOA
ON FIRE
LUTS
HOP
SECRETS
WHATGTG
INTRUDER
IN A SIMPLE RHYME

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

April 19, 2015 at 3:36 am Quote #44860

Gilligan
(1518)

steecoe: Hard to believe anyone would not know what an amphitheater is. I’ve seen VH prolly 20 times in at least 5 or 10 different ones, they are pretty much all the same basic design.

They all have ceilings? I have never in my 47 years seen an amphitheater with a roof. I think they’ve changed the definition of “amphitheater” somewhere along the way.

April 19, 2015 at 7:11 am Quote #44866

steecoe
(1983)

Yeah, most all the ones I’ve been to have a covered section with seats and an uncovered lawn section behind that. I think that’s why they’ve earned the nickname “sheds” These are the larger size amphitheaters that the bigger name arena acts play. Most of the smaller amphitheaters I’ve been to aren’t covered at all. I suppose if you are from a predominantly sunny climate like southern California or Hawaii they may have more open air larger ones…I dunno…

April 19, 2015 at 3:58 pm Quote #44882

VAiN
(2777)

PT5150: The set list has been great but they should & I think they will change it from 2012-13. I’m over. DTNA PRETTY WOMAN & JUMP which I know they have to play.. Being a greatest hits tour not sure if they’ll include more from ADKOT. Would love to hear.. DDL CGTSNM MWM TOP JIMMY DIRTY MOVIES DOA ON FIRE LUTS HOP SECRETS WHATGTG INTRUDER IN A SIMPLE RHYME

Drop DTNA & Pretty Woman, and I’m on board with that. Nice list.. I feel like the band could learn the all songs but Dave can’t or won’t learn the words to his songs. I don’t get it. It’s annoying and really fuels the ‘Dave has lost it’ fire.

Resident dickhead. I will hurt your delicate feelings.

April 24, 2015 at 5:21 pm Quote #44982

ron
(11464)

Win free tickets to see VH at the Hollywood Bowl: http://thesoundla.com/2015/04/van-halen-at-the-hollywood-bowl/

April 24, 2015 at 6:52 pm Quote #44985

fleetwoodgak
(435)

Going to the Tampa show and pretty excited about it. Never seen VH outside, nor have I ever been to an amphitheater (sad but true)

April 24, 2015 at 8:02 pm Quote #44986

sbnitro
(505)

Well at least Dave will not be complaining about the blowers! LOL!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.