2015-08-11 Xfinity Center, Hartford, CT

TopicsAll ForumsVan Halen2015 Tour2015-08-11 Xfinity Center, Hartford, CT

This topic has 13 voices, contains 59 replies, and was last updated by  jorge 3129 days ago.

April 26, 2015 at 6:58 pm Quote #45028

mrmojohalen
(6374)

:-D

When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

July 29, 2015 at 11:09 am Quote #47762

sickman
(2380)

I was just able to upgrade my tix from section 600 row bbb, all the way in the back, to section 100 row G in front of Eddie. I can’t wait for this show. I know VHRob will be there with his son doing the front row VIP. I am bringing my 2 sons 14&17 and my daughter 8 along with my wife. I’m still not sure whether or not to tell my kids about the upgraded seats before the show or just surprise them with it when we walk into the venue.

July 29, 2015 at 12:00 pm Quote #47764

vhrob
(1727)

ha ha good deal bro…. I’d surprise them on the way down in the car…. that would bring a huge smile to their face for sure. :)

I am not taking my son Connor to this one as the 1K price tag was enough for me alone for the front row package ha ha lol…. but my buddy is going with me but he does not have great seats he has some regular type seat but hes pumped…… since he is driving down he is going to have to hang around for a few hours prior to the show while I do the VIP thing and said he was cool with that….. lol whatever. I told him I’d be hanging out with Eddie backstage playing his guitar and shaking hands and kissing babies….. you know the usual VIP stuff….ha ha lol he was like, “whatever dude….” :)

Rob

vhtrading member since 2000

July 29, 2015 at 12:43 pm Quote #47767

guitard
(7354)

I’d head on over to the venue, sit in the seats you originally had tickets to – and then say, “Wait, I just remembered. I upgraded to better seats. Let’s head on down to the front!!”

July 29, 2015 at 2:10 pm Quote #47770

sickman
(2380)

guitard: I’d head on over to the venue, sit in the seats you originally had tickets to – and then say, “Wait, I just remembered.I upgraded to better seats.Let’s head on down to the front!!”

That sounds like a good idea. I don’t know if I can keep it a secret that long. It’s so awesome that my 2 boys love Van Halen. This will be the 3rd time for my 17 year old and the 2nd time for the 14 year old. My daughter has been dying to go to a concert. Hopefully it’s not too overwhelming for her. I do have head phones used for shooting that she will be wearing to keep the volume down for her little ears. I told her is she can handle this show than I’ll bring her to see Godsmack in October. That is another one of her favorite bands. For that show I already have the tix, front row in the balcony at The Oakdale Theater. Great seats.

Hey Rob, I thought Connor was going but I see your point. At $1000 per ticket that would be steep. I don’t think I could have spent that kind of money for multiple seats either. I still have your cell number so I’ll text you at some point that afternoon to meet up in the venue.

July 29, 2015 at 3:11 pm Quote #47772

Gilligan
(1518)

Make sure your daughter wears platform shoes! The one thing I didn’t think about with my kids was the height disadvantage – which is magnified the closer you are to the stage. We were about 12 rows back and everyone stood the whole show (as they should!). But since we were so close, there wasn’t much of an incline in the flooring, so they really had to crane their necks to see past the dudes in front of them.

July 29, 2015 at 3:22 pm Quote #47773

sickman
(2380)

Gilligan: Make sure your daughter wears platform shoes!The one thing I didn’t think about with my kids was the height disadvantage – which is magnified the closer you are to the stage.We were about 12 rows back and everyone stood the whole show (as they should!).But since we were so close, there wasn’t much of an incline in the flooring, so they really had to crane their necks to see past the dudes in front of them.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that. She may be able to stand on her chair and see the stage. Either way she’s at a Van Halen concert, it’s all good.

July 29, 2015 at 3:39 pm Quote #47774

PT5150
(6280)

Sounds like you all will have a great time with your family Brian…I’m very keen to take my youngest son who is 6 to a gig. He’s a little Rocker & loves my taste in music…He loves AC/DC’s TNT. I’m going to their show in December. I think he is a bit young…maybe in a few years…Not sure how it would go with the noise & nearly a two hoiur gig.

Hey Rob you’ll have a cracker of a time Soundcheck & Front Row will be awesome…Photos please….Have a great time guys…. :wink:

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

July 30, 2015 at 7:13 pm Quote #47811

Dave
(2279)

See you guys there!

Stay Frosty

July 31, 2015 at 3:00 pm Quote #47831

vhrob
(1727)

Hey Rob, I thought Connor was going but I see your point. At $1000 per ticket that would be steep. I don’t think I could have spent that kind of money for multiple seats either. I still have your cell number so I’ll text you at some point that afternoon to meet up in the venue.

sounds awesome bro

and dont worry Pete…. I’ll take plenty of pics

Rob

August 11, 2015 at 6:33 am Quote #48352

sickman
(2380)

Today is the day. Van Halen in Hartford CT. I can’t wait. Unfortunately mother nature will not be cooperating. Pouring rain this morning and than again late afternoon early evening showers and severe thunderstorms. Hopefully it doesn’t effect the show. My kids can’t wait to go tonight.

August 11, 2015 at 7:00 am Quote #48353

PT5150
(6280)

sickman: Today is the day. Van Halen in Hartford CT. I can’t wait. Unfortunately mother nature will not be cooperating. Pouring rain this morning and than again late afternoon early evening showers and severe thunderstorms. Hopefully it doesn’t effect the show. My kids can’t wait to go tonight.

Cool Brian.
Have a great time with the Family at VH..Cant wait to take my youngest Son to a Concert..
Enjoy bro.. :wink:

EDDIE’S fingers aren’t fingers they are muscle-powered pistons that hammer guitar strings to the fretboard with the force of a rivet gun”.

August 11, 2015 at 7:16 am Quote #48354

sickman
(2380)

PT5150: Cool Brian. Have a great time with the Family at VH..Cant wait to take my youngest Son to a Concert.. Enjoy bro.. :wink:

Thanks Pete.

August 11, 2015 at 8:20 am Quote #48356

vhrob
(1727)

HERE WE FREAKIN GO BABY!!!!

came in to work for a few hours this am to wrap up some stuff and then I am heading out around noon and getting changed and going down for FRONT FREAKIN ROW VIP VANFUCKINHALEN tonight baby!!!

damn I hope someone gets this show on video / dvd or bluray as I will NEED to have this one in my collection. I cant wait. I will take plenty of pics, and Brian (Sickman) I will see you there. I will be there with my buddy Mike. He does not have VIP but hes got a decent seat though…..

Rob

August 11, 2015 at 8:27 am Quote #48357

PT5150
(6280)

vhrob: HERE WE FREAKIN GO BABY!!!!

came in to work for a few hours this am to wrap up some stuff and then I am heading out around noon and getting changed and going down for FRONT FREAKIN ROW VIP VANFUCKINHALEN tonight baby!!!

damn I hope someone gets this show on video / dvd or bluray as I will NEED to have this one in my collection.I cant wait.I will take plenty of pics, and Brian (Sickman) I will see you there.I will be there with my buddy Mike.He does not have VIP but hes got a decent seat though…..

Rob

Should be a RIPPER Rob have a cracking time…Cant wait to see pics & hear the stories bro…..
Enjoy.. :wink:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.